The Student Room Group

Oxford vs Cambridge Engineering

My heart was initially set on Oxford for Engineering, but looking at the Cambridge buildings etc. for the Engineering department it looks more modern and well facilitated? I like how Oxford accommodates students within the old college buildings but then I also want to study in a modern environment with world-class technology. Is Silicon Fen important to Engineers? Also I really like Oxford's exchange programme with Princeton and Cambridge's ones with NUS or Ecole don't seem that great. What does the Oxford Engineering department look like (inside) and is it comparable to Cambridge's? Help me choose!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by danni_lee
My hearts were initially set on Oxford for Engineering, but looking at the Cambridge buildings etc. for the Engineering department it looks more modern and well facilitated? I like how Oxford accommodates students within the old college buildings but then I also want to study in a modern environment with world-class technology. Is Silicon Fen important to Engineers? Also I really like Oxford's exchange programme with Princeton and Cambridge's ones with NUS or Ecole don't seem that great. What does the Oxford Engineering department look like (inside) and is it comparable to Cambridge's? Help me choose!!

Yea I was in the same position as you choosing between Oxford and Cambridge but I chose Cambridge in the end because I think for Engineering Cambridge is generally better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending