Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the people whom took the test, I made one cuz I couldn't find it. I felt paper was quite easy going till question 7 but the last question (question 8) which was a integration really blew my mind.
    There weren't question 9 right? I can't remember.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiehan0110)
    For the people whom took the test, I made one cuz I couldn't find it. I felt paper was quite easy going till question 7 but the last question (question 8) which was a integration really blew my mind.
    There weren't question 9 right? I can't remember.....
    Yep, I'd say the exam was pretty easy as well. About the last question reduction formulae, you just had to do a simple splitting and do parts by integration once, then split (x^2 + k^2) ^1/2. I think there was a similar question in a GCE AL paper.

What're your expected grade boundaries for A*?

ReputationRep:
    69?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Also anyone fancy an unofficial mark scheme
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Was I the only one who found it hard?

ReputationRep:
    I will say 67~68 last integration nearly killed me. Luckily I solved in last minute. But everyone there weren't question 9 right?I am bit worried

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the equation of the plane in the matrix transformation?

ReputationRep:
    I will say 67~68 last integration nearly killed me. Luckily I solved in last minute. But everyone there weren't question 9 right?I am bit worried
    Do you remember the equation of the plane in the inverse matrix question? What was the angle between OA and the line L?

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember the equation of the plane in the inverse matrix question? What was the angle between OA and the line L?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric-man7)
    was it something like 54.6 or 56.4?

ReputationRep:
    I remember it was something like that (I think 55?) so yeah probably right. Do you rememeber the equation of the plane, I found 3 points on the the plane then I found 2 vectors and then I used the cross product to determine the equation of the plane, I got something like 11x+something something=8, what did you get? Someone said I could have just mutliplied the normal of the second plane by the inverse matrix to get the normal of the first plane but I am not convinced because I am pretty sure matrix transformations do not necessarily keep angles the same.

ReputationRep:
    I remember it was something like that (I think 55?) so yeah probably right. Do you rememeber the equation of the plane, I found 3 points on the the plane then I found 2 vectors and then I used the cross product to determine the equation of the plane, I got something like 11x+something something=8, what did you get? Someone said I could have just mutliplied the normal of the second plane by the inverse matrix to get the normal of the first plane but I am not convinced because I am pretty sure matrix transformations do not necessarily keep angles the same.
    I can’t remember the exact answer I got but I multiplied the normal by the inverse matrix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user_12345)
    I can’t remember the exact answer I got but I multiplied the normal by the inverse matrix
    Wait is this a correct method?

ReputationRep:
    No cause it contradicts the definition of linear transformation

Wait is this a correct method?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, thankfully I did not do that, do you remember your plane's equation? Anyways enjoy summer, I think I saw you on the STEP thread.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 4, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.