The Student Room Group

Why do people think that the "south" has more government spending?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Not the problem, but a part of the problem, certainly.

Having your transport needs decided by a body not located there is always going to lead to a decline.

Do the Scots bring in more tax? Is this another 'fact' of yours?

As much as a fact as the link I just posted. Still waiting for you to demonstrate your knowledge of the difference between proof and evidence. It should be quite easy as someone has already posted it. But you didn't notice? Why?
Original post by Logical_Son
As much as a fact as the link I just posted. Still waiting for you to demonstrate your knowledge of the difference between proof and evidence. It should be quite easy as someone has already posted it. But you didn't notice? Why?

The link you dishonestly quoted from? I noticed.

And no, I leave the boring trolly repetition to you, you're so good at it.
Original post by Drewski
Somewhat selective quoting, the very next sentence says: "The northeast, meanwhile, remains the poor relation in every measurement of spending."

So you say, but as you are unable to provide proof that you understand the difference between proof and evidence, it really doesn't mean much. Rest of the sentence "But these simple facts don’t take account of the much higher spending in London or the very different circumstances by which this money is allocated."

London gets more money because it needs it.
London gets more money because it needs it.

Changing your story now... For the last however many posts you've been arguing that no, it doesn't get more money once things have been taken into consideration.

Now you're saying that yes it does, but that's because it needs it.

So which is it? Does it get more money or not?

And given you can change your argument at will, should we bother to listen to a single word you say?
It gets more money (in amount) because it needs it. Manchester is not London, it doesn't need the funding that London (the capital) needs. You can't understand that, because you don't want to.

You are the one who has been moving the goal posts. You are the one who doesn't understand the difference between proof and evidence and are too lazy to find out (maybe another reason the North doesn't do well?)

I haven't changed my argument: The North does not receive proportionally less money. You are trying to compare apples with oranges. But of course you can't (won't) understand that.
And if you can't provide proof you understand the difference between proof and evidence, and keep moving the goal posts, why should I engage in debate with you?
why should I engage in debate with you?

I haven't once said you should, you're just such an egotistical **** that you can't help but get the last word every single time.
And what are you trying to do now? Not providing proof that you understand the difference between proof and evidence, is it? Not engaging in debate, but calling me egotistical "Blank". Gosh. Sounds like you don't really "get" logic and reason, doesn't it?
(edited 5 years ago)
And what are you trying to do now? Not providing proof that you understand the difference between proof and evidence, is it? Not engaging in debate, but calling me egotistical "Blank". Gosh. Sounds like you don't really "get" logic and reason, doesn't it?

Why should I? Irrelevant to the thread. If you want to talk about the North / South divide (or the North / London divide) and the perceptions about it, I'm all ears.

If you want to waste time with petty nonsense, then there are hundreds of trolls here just waiting for you to take their bait.
Original post by Drewski
Why should I? Irrelevant to the thread. If you want to talk about the North / South divide (or the North / London divide) and the perceptions about it, I'm all ears.

If you want to waste time with petty nonsense, then there are hundreds of trolls here just waiting for you to take their bait.

Ah, so saying nothing then, and if I'm the troll, aren't you taking my bait? You might want to get a responsible adult to explain this comment to you.
x

Given that you disagree that there is a disparity between (some of) the regions, why do you think there's a perception that says the North gets a raw deal compared to the South/London?

Is it solely down to a lack of 'big ticket' infrastructure projects (like Crossrail, for example), or something else?
Original post by Drewski
Given that you disagree that there is a disparity between (some of) the regions, why do you think there's a perception that says the North gets a raw deal compared to the South/London?

Is it solely down to a lack of 'big ticket' infrastructure projects (like Crossrail, for example), or something else?

Do you know the difference between proof and evidence? If so, please proof it and then explain why you have failed to do so, thus far. If not, why should I waste my time writing posts you can't understand?
Do you know the difference between proof and evidence? If so, please proof it and then explain why you have failed to do so, thus far. If not, why should I waste my time writing posts you can't understand?

You should proof your own posts... If you can't get basic words right what hope do you have?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
And supported largely by people who live in London! :smile:

Not really, I live in London and bare people including me support Arsenal.
Original post by Drewski
You should proof your own posts... If you can't get basic words right what hope do you have?

So you don't know the difference. You should just say so. But then you'd have to admit you don't have the ability to think critically. And therefore can't debate. Oh well.
So you don't know the difference. You should just say so. But then you'd have to admit you don't have the ability to think critically. And therefore can't debate. Oh well.

It's a shame you seek to lower yourself so consistently. The high road is there for the taking, you can bring the thread back on track after we both derailed (aptly enough) for 30-odd posts, but if you want to act like a child, then you can.

One last go:

Original post by Drewski
It's a shame you seek to lower yourself so consistently. The high road is there for the taking, you can bring the thread back on track after we both derailed (aptly enough) for 30-odd posts, but if you want to act like a child, then you can.

One last go:

You have the literacy skills to access this site, but not to answer questions directed at you. One last time:

YOU ANSWER THIS I WILL DEBATE
You have the literacy skills to access this site, but not to answer questions directed at you. One last time:

YOU ANSWER THIS I WILL DEBATE

I will answer questions relevant to the thread. Not to some weird obsession you have regarding two words commonly used interchangeably but with subtle differences in discreet meaning.

I definitely won't answer when I'm being shouted at by some hyperactive child.

Now, either be the bigger man for the first time in your life and get on with things, or stop replying. The answer to your question has been posted and is plain for all to see. If you're still bothered about the differences, you can Google them in your own time.

You might also want to work on your syntax while you're at it. It's rather undermining your intelligence.

At least, I hope it is...
Original post by Drewski
I will answer questions relevant to the thread. Not to some weird obsession you have regarding two words commonly used interchangeably but with subtle differences in discreet meaning.

I definitely won't answer when I'm being shouted at by some hyperactive child.

Now, either be the bigger man for the first time in your life and get on with things, or stop replying. The answer to your question has been posted and is plain for all to see. If you're still bothered about the differences, you can Google them in your own time.

You might also want to work on your syntax while you're at it. It's rather undermining your intelligence.

At least, I hope it is...

And the question I asked you (revelvant to the thread) is whether you understood the difference between proof and evidence, so I could believe that you were capable of critical thinking. You have failed to do this numerous times, and yet think you are capable of debate. Even now you are posting comments which back this up.

Do you want to answer the questions I've asked you? If so, do so, then I will debate with out. If not, please explain why not.
And the question I asked you (revelvant to the thread) is whether you understood the difference between proof and evidence, so I could believe that you were capable of critical thinking. You have failed to do this numerous times, and yet think you are capable of debate. Even now you are posting comments which back this up.

Do you want to answer the questions I've asked you? If so, do so, then I will debate with out. If not, please explain why not.

Your spelling is getting worse. Perhaps you've over exerted yourself?

Maybe you should call it quits?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending