shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Tell us your big idea and you could win a spanking new Apple MacBook Pro.

Head over to the competition page to get involved...and don't hang about! The competition closes on 31 August 2018.
Olympience
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm curious, does the business idea have to be something that is currently possible with technology or can it be based on future technology?
shooks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olympience)
I'm curious, does the business idea have to be something that is currently possible with technology or can it be based on future technology?
Yes, you can definitely base an idea on future technology. What the judges will be looking for are clever ideas that could clearly have real-world application. So, it might be worth bearing that in mind while coming up with an idea. A concept that's around developing foldable OLED screens, for instance, is more readily applicable to the real world than a concept around setting up a travel agency to Mars. So, I guess, future's OK but perhaps not too far into the future.
Olympience
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shooks)
Yes, you can definitely base an idea on future technology. What the judges will be looking for are clever ideas that could clearly have real-world application. So, it might be worth bearing that in mind while coming up with an idea. A concept that's around developing foldable OLED screens, for instance, is more readily applicable to the real world than a concept around setting up a travel agency to Mars. So, I guess, future's OK but perhaps not too far into the future.
That's cool, is the competition TSR only? Also can I make more than 1 pitch?
shooks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olympience)
That's cool, is the competition TSR only? Also can I make more than 1 pitch?
The competition is open to anyone in the UK - you don't have to be a TSR member. And yes, you can make as many pitches as you like!
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a question
Is whoever behind this idea going to take the business proposal on of the winner? because if so you need to disclaim if people are waiving the right to their intellectual property.
If someone is going to make an actual business off of the back of this, getting a mac book pro with no credit of said idea is a poor exchange imo
shooks
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
I have a question
Is whoever behind this idea going to take the business proposal on of the winner? because if so you need to disclaim if people are waiving the right to their intellectual property.
If someone is going to make an actual business off of the back of this, getting a mac book pro with no credit of said idea is a poor exchange imo
Good question! Absolutely not. The competition is a chance for people to show their business nous - nobody connected with the competition will be developing any of the proposed ideas.
Ethan Pui
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am I allowed to enter if I live in Australia?
Thanks!
shooks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ethan Pui)
Am I allowed to enter if I live in Australia?
Thanks!
Sorry This competition is for UK residents only.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads