The Student Room Group

Stressed i cant get a girlfriend

I’m an average good looking guy and im turning 20 on august. the biggest issue i have is.. i cant get a girlfriend fam. ive tried tinder, okcupid and **** like that but none worked.. its totally not because of my looks.. bcz some other dudes look waaaayyy messy than me and still manage to get gf’s. while im stuck with po*nhub.
no rude replies.. like i’m just tryna get help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m an average good looking guy and im turning 20 on august. the biggest issue i have is.. i cant get a girlfriend fam. ive tried tinder, okcupid and **** like that but none worked.. its totally not because of my looks.. bcz some other dudes look waaaayyy messy than me and still manage to get gf’s. while im stuck with po*nhub.
Stop trying.
im sure u will get a gf. im single right now but i would say im relatively pretty. i prefer mature guys but most seems to be the immature laddy type
Just ****boy it and hit gym.
Original post by Tootles
Stop trying.

I second this. Go out and do something else with your time instead. Take up an interesting hobby and get involved in its community. Woodworking, art, programming, writing, metalworking, DnD, going to the gym etc. whatever, so long as you're interested in it, it doesn't matter.

Generally, people who are knowledgeable about and invested in something come across as a hell of a lot more interesting than people who don't do anything of the sort. Joining communities is also a great way to meet people who share interests with you, which is generally a good signifier of romantic compatibility. Becoming good at something can also increase your self confidence, which can be a very attractive trait. I've heard going to the gym is particularly rewarding due to how obvious it is when you make progress, but in my opinion it's the community side of things that's most important.

On a related note, don't give up on something because the community you encounter turns out to be garbage. There are many communities out there, just because one around the particular thing you've chosen happens to be bad, doesn't mean the rest will be.
It'll happen when you least expect it
Reply 6
Why you using p**nhub man?
Thats the reason why you haven't got a gf
Xv*deos is the way
Reply 7
so what if you can't get a gf, i know a 30 year old who has no bf I think you should wait for the right time good luck
I agree with stop trying. It's clear when you're desperate and it's so off putting.
Reply 9
he has got a point like how would go out with someone who does that, someone obviously desperate
Try NoFap
Reply 11
Try NoFap, it made me more confident with women and made me naturally go pursue them.
Original post by ihelpu
Try NoFap, it made me more confident with women and made me naturally go pursue them.

Oh word? How long is your streak man?
I definitely understand your frustration with not being able to hook up with a girl. I didn't meet my now-wife until I was 21, it came out of the blue, and I had never dated before despite having desperately wanted to. She came to me when I least expected it, and once I had already set career goals and become content with the possibility of not finding a girl in college. I finally had learned to be patient and was trying to work to improve on my weaknesses for the time when a girl did come along.

Do you have any career aspirations at this time? Hobbies, passions, pursuits? (For me, it was always film and photography). Trying something out and persevering in it will likely not only improve your self-confidence, but also get you involved with other people and increase your likelihood of meeting somebody. I would encourage you not to focus on your jealousy of other guys your age, but rather be content with where you have been placed and keep looking ahead to the future. Praying for you today.
Ill be your gf
Reply 15
Original post by OJ Emporium
Oh word? How long is your streak man?

35 days. I know its not much but I usually relapse after like 1/2 weeks, so for me this is quite great.
Reply 16
ur desperate too
Original post by Anonymous

If this is your 'biggest issue,' then your life is pretty good tbh.

You come across as one of those nice guys, who just think because they are nice to girls, you expect something in return romantically and/or sexually. Also the attitude will come across as desperate, which girls can literally smell a mile off.

Just stop looking and trying - thats when most people find love.
Reply 18
What do you mean by you're an "average good looking guy"?

Unfortunately, dating sites are definitely all about looks. Meet people in real life.
Original post by ihelpu
35 days. I know its not much but I usually relapse after like 1/2 weeks, so for me this is quite great.

Bro you should get to 90 days to just see yourself go beyond your limit. Don't mean to boast or anything but my streak is like 295 days now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending