The Student Room Group

What should I drink at prom?

Also how to deal with people who will make annoying remarks about me drinking because of religion (I’m a closet atheist)

I want to drink something that’s nice, and will get me a bit drunk because otherwise I might just feel awkward around people dancing. But no hangover tomorrow and be as sober as possible after
Original post by Anonymous
Also how to deal with people who will make annoying remarks about me drinking because of religion (I’m a closet atheist)

I want to drink something that’s nice, and will get me a bit drunk because otherwise I might just feel awkward around people dancing. But no hangover tomorrow and be as sober as possible after

Everyone is different in terms of how alcohol affects them. For me personally my favourite and go to drink is a white wine spritzer, with lemonade instead of the sparkling water or whatever the other option is. Really nice flavour and 2 glasses gets me tipsy but not enough that I feel awful the next day.

As for the remarks honestly just ignore them.
Reply 2
What should you drink?

Water
Hmm good question! My prom served non-alcoholic drinks but I had several friends who brought their own liquid courage. I considered taking a few sips but in the end I didn't and looking back I'm really glad.

One of my friends got caught and sent home and another made decisions that she regretted the next day.

My advice would be to stick with water. You can still have fun and avoid making embarrassing mistakes!

Have fun!
Reply 4
Water, it's amazing. It keeps you hydrated which allows you to function properly. :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks, I ended up drinking water but also vodka mixed with coke. Just 2 cups though, didn't get drunk just felt happier with more energy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending