The Student Room Group

Morgan Stanley mixed open day 2018

Any updates on this programme? According to the website, offers should have begun being handed out more than 3 weeks ago. Safe to say I didnt get in? Anyone with an offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhaegar448
Any updates on this programme? According to the website, offers should have begun being handed out more than 3 weeks ago. Safe to say I didnt get in? Anyone with an offer?

Hi there, I'm sorry you've not had a reply to this yet - I'm just giving it a quick bump for you, so hopefully someone else will be along to answer soon :smile:
applied back in april. still haven't heard anything either.
also, it says that invitations will start being able your after the deadline of June 1st. this doesn't necessarily mean that they have actually started. might still be going through applications
Original post by TheGuy264
also, it says that invitations will start being able your after the deadline of June 1st. this doesn't necessarily mean that they have actually started. might still be going through applications

Thank you. Reassuring to know others are in a similar position. We should hear back soon
Got in. Anyone else going? What does smart casual mean? Trousers and shirt enough?
Reply 6
Original post by rhaegar449
Got in. Anyone else going? What does smart casual mean? Trousers and shirt enough?

I got in as well. Trousers and shirt is fine.
same. look forward to seeing you all :smile:
are u lot academically smart? like wat are your gcses/as grades?

on what basis do morgan stanley give invitations on?
Original post by Hello1236969
are u lot academically smart? like wat are your gcses/as grades?

on what basis do morgan stanley give invitations on?

Did you apply? Did you get in?

I don't quite remember but im fairly sure they just asked for a CV and cover letter. I thought my Cover letter was quality but my CV/Cover letter all had my grades + which uni i firmed.

Fairly sure at this stage if you can demonstrate "passion" in your cover letter they'll accept you in. I dont think it's that competitive (or at least, not as competitive as an actual internship programme) and they're not gonna expect anything special in the CV either.
Did you apply? Did you get in?

I don't quite remember but im fairly sure they just asked for a CV and cover letter. I thought my Cover letter was quality but my CV/Cover letter all had my grades + which uni i firmed.

Fairly sure at this stage if you can demonstrate "passion" in your cover letter they'll accept you in. I dont think it's that competitive (or at least, not as competitive as an actual internship programme) and they're not gonna expect anything special in the CV either.

yeh i got it, but i thought i wouldnt get it cos i cba to put effort into the cover letter. All i really had was a decent set of academic results, hence why i am asking if they choose people based on academic ability.

what uni and course u looking to study?
yeh i got it, but i thought i wouldnt get it cos i cba to put effort into the cover letter. All i really had was a decent set of academic results, hence why i am asking if they choose people based on academic ability.

what uni and course u looking to study?

Ahh fair enough. Perhaps they didnt expect a quality cover letter then haha. I guess maybe academics was the discriminating factor since this is investment banking. Also I suspect it wasn't very competitive to get into. The process was quite weird though, it literally was just uploading CV and cover letter, they didnt really tell you what they expect.

LSE econ wbu?
Anyone going by themselves?
Original post by Ze Witcher
Anyone going by themselves?

Me, dw its easy to just find a group of people to hang out with for the day
Ahh fair enough. Perhaps they didnt expect a quality cover letter then haha. I guess maybe academics was the discriminating factor since this is investment banking. Also I suspect it wasn't very competitive to get into. The process was quite weird though, it literally was just uploading CV and cover letter, they didnt really tell you what they expect.

LSE econ wbu?

warwick.

wat do we do on this open day? ngl i just applied because its morgan stanley. Do we just roll around by ourselves ?
warwick.

wat do we do on this open day? ngl i just applied because its morgan stanley. Do we just roll around by ourselves ?

read the description on the website lol, we all applied for that reason.
read the description on the website lol, we all applied for that reason.

yeh i just did. but it just says workshops and networking. any other idea of what it would be about?
yeh i just did. but it just says workshops and networking. any other idea of what it would be about?

if its like a school or uni open day, i might not even bother.

I will only go if i might help me in my IB career, and we acc learn about the industry
if its like a school or uni open day, i might not even bother.

I will only go if i might help me in my IB career, and we acc learn about the industry

Are you just acting dumb and pretending not to care or...?
Are you just acting dumb and pretending not to care or...?

wdym, am asking a genuine question. ive never been to one of these things, and the description on the website is very vague.

nvm anyway, your probably like a typical applicant to IB, who keeps things to themselves.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending