The Student Room Group

Confusion over a guy

I am friends with this guy in my class, and we have a lot of jokes and we exchange banter etc. We have been friends since the start of year 12, even though we have been in the same school since year 7 (but we were in different parts of the school).

The problem that I have is that eventually after a few weeks of becoming friends, we started exchanging banter, but it was kind of mild, jokey insults at each other. The difference is that he only does this when his friends are around; when we're alone we have 'normal' conversations and I really enjoy it. His best friend always makes jokes that me and him should go out or that she ships me and him. I think that it's mild, but others don't. He says I'm beautiful sometimes, and he says that he loves my personality. I catch him staring at me longingly sometimes; when I look at him he looks away, sometimes with guilt on his face.

I find him cute, but I don't know whether I'm attracted to him. I love being in his presence. Do you think he likes me or am I overthinking this?
Original post by Anonymous
I am friends with this guy in my class, and we have a lot of jokes and we exchange banter etc. We have been friends since the start of year 12, even though we have been in the same school since year 7 (but we were in different parts of the school).

The problem that I have is that eventually after a few weeks of becoming friends, we started exchanging banter, but it was kind of mild, jokey insults at each other. The difference is that he only does this when his friends are around; when we're alone we have 'normal' conversations and I really enjoy it. His best friend always makes jokes that me and him should go out or that she ships me and him. I think that it's mild, but others don't. He says I'm beautiful sometimes, and he says that he loves my personality. I catch him staring at me longingly sometimes; when I look at him he looks away, sometimes with guilt on his face.

I find him cute, but I don't know whether I'm attracted to him. I love being in his presence. Do you think he likes me or am I overthinking this?

From a girls perspective i really think he does like you, do you have him on any social media at all? like do you text each other or anything?
Reply 2
From a girls perspective i really think he does like you, do you have him on any social media at all? like do you text each other or anything?

I follow him on Instagram and I have him on Snapchat, but we only talk in school. I'm friends with his 'main' friendship group but it will probs make it bait that I kind of like him if I start popping up etc.
do you not want him to know that you like him at all?? in my opinion, life is too short and i regret not taking the chance with several people but it is your decision, i guess you could always organise some sort of hang out with him including his mates and your mates and then itll be like a group outing in an easy going setting yk
I follow him on Instagram and I have him on Snapchat, but we only talk in school. I'm friends with his 'main' friendship group but it will probs make it bait that I kind of like him if I start popping up etc.
Reply 4
do you not want him to know that you like him at all?? in my opinion, life is too short and i regret not taking the chance with several people but it is your decision, i guess you could always organise some sort of hang out with him including his mates and your mates and then itll be like a group outing in an easy going setting yk

I just don't want to lead him on and then realise that I'm not interested yk. I think that I will hang out w/him more, and if I do end up liking him 100%, I'll make it clear.
Reply 5
No confusion

He wants the P and you want the D

Simple
if he makes an effort to talk to you and goes out of his way to say nice things to you, rather than just waving at you when your both at the bus stop and making small talk, then definitely fancies you.
sounds good, good luck
I just don't want to lead him on and then realise that I'm not interested yk. I think that I will hang out w/him more, and if I do end up liking him 100%, I'll make it clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending