Funding for HND after two previous study on a three year course

Watch
boakyej2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I have a question about tuition funding for HND. I did study computer science for a year and did not pass, so I went to another University to study computer systems and networking, which I dropped out in January of the first semester because I could not cope with life at the time.

That is two years of funding I have wasted.

After two years of working, I decided to go back to University to study Electrical and Electronics engineering HND.

I was aware student finance will not fund me for my first year at HND since I have used two previous years of study but will give me funds for maintenance loan.

I become ill and diagnosed with a mental health problem during my first year of HND, so I could not complete my first year, meaning I have to repeat and paid the tuition fee myself using the maintenance loan I had from student finance.

I repeated and now I have finished my first year of HND and also paying my for the first year.

I called student finance today and they told me, I will not get funding towards my studies for my second (final) year of the HND course since I have used three years of funding.

Mind you, they have only funded towards my tuition for two years.

Funding for second (final) year too of my HND course has been blocked they said.

I do not understand why tuition fee for my second year has been blocked.

Can someone please explainthis to me.

Thank you
Gerard SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by boakyej2)
Hello,

I have a question about tuition funding for HND. I did study computer science for a year and did not pass, so I went to another University to study computer systems and networking, which I dropped out in January of the first semester because I could not cope with life at the time.

That is two years of funding I have wasted.

After two years of working, I decided to go back to University to study Electrical and Electronics engineering HND.

I was aware student finance will not fund me for my first year at HND since I have used two previous years of study but will give me funds for maintenance loan. If there were any extenuating circumstances surrounding you dropping out of your 2nd

I become ill and diagnosed with a mental health problem during my first year of HND, so I could not complete my first year, meaning I have to repeat and paid the tuition fee myself using the maintenance loan I had from student finance.

I repeated and now I have finished my first year of HND and also paying my for the first year.

I called student finance today and they told me, I will not get funding towards my studies for my second (final) year of the HND course since I have used three years of funding.

Mind you, they have only funded towards my tuition for two years.

Funding for second (final) year too of my HND course has been blocked they said.

I do not understand why tuition fee for my second year has been blocked.

Can someone please explainthis to me.

Thank you
Hi,

When we assess applications we will consider any previous study that a student has had. This is not only study funded by us, but any studies that have been funded by the student will be taken into consideration too. If there were any extenuating circumstances surrounding you dropping out of university and you can provide evidence of this, we may be able to look into awarding Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads