Gelphie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys!
I'm currently in year 12 doing A levels and I absolutely hate it! I applied for college and I start next year but I don't want to go back to school because of all the bullying. Is it okay for me to stay at home and just avoid that sixth form until the end of the year (in four weeks time) since I'm going to college and I'm not going back to that sixth form next year? I have also missed one of the exams that will determine my predicted grade for next year. Will it matter if I don't go to the rest since I won't need those predicted grades anyway?*

Thanks a lot!

note: I also posted this in another account but my password just won't work so I decided to post it here.
bluebells1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You would need to discuss this with the school.

There's a girl I know who's leaving for college but has to stay on the register so is still required to come to lessons under my sixth forms regulations. But your school will be able ro help and let you know.

Sorry to hear about the bullying. My heart goes out to you. If you don't mind me asking - are you sure it's the a levels you don't like, or the sixth from due to the bullying?

I would imagine predicted grades don't matter now. They'd cancel themselves out as you won't be entered for those exams anymore.
I wish you luck in college and meeting nicer people xx
Gelphie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by bluebells1)
You would need to discuss this with the school.

There's a girl I know who's leaving for college but has to stay on the register so is still required to come to lessons under my sixth forms regulations. But your school will be able ro help and let you know.

Sorry to hear about the bullying. My heart goes out to you. If you don't mind me asking - are you sure it's the a levels you don't like, or the sixth from due to the bullying?

I would imagine predicted grades don't matter now. They'd cancel themselves out as you won't be entered for those exams anymore.
I wish you luck in college and meeting nicer people xx
hello! no it's not the bullying so much (I'm used to the racist comments) but I kinda wanted to go to college in year 11 but my school basically convinced all of us that we couldn't get into uni without a levels and I just went along with that but no I greatly regret it. I really wanted to go to college and do something I'd really want to do so it's not really because I hate the sixth form. I really don't want to go back though mainly because of my head of year who is dead set on making me stay. she even went to the point of telling me I wouldn't make it into the industry I want to get into without a levels to try and put me off. I'm just really done with people restricting me tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads