The Student Room Group

UCL acceptance

I want to go to UCL to do geology and the acceptance rate is 86%, I do bio chem and geog and my AS results are awful because I had an operation on my ankle which meant I was off for a little over a month. This has caused my average grades as a whole to be terrible, how lenient do you reckon they with this. It’s open day on Saturday so I’m gonna have a word but has anyone else experienced something like this and turned their EEU results into AAB in a year???
You could have your school mention in the reference that you had medical reasons for being off. In those circumstances they may be lenient.
Reply 2
Original post by Pearlfection1
You could have your school mention in the reference that you had medical reasons for being off. In those circumstances they may be lenient.

That’s a good idea, just UCL is go great and I’d love absolutely love to go there
Reply 3
Original post by Revengrrs
I want to go to UCL to do geology and the acceptance rate is 86%, I do bio chem and geog and my AS results are awful because I had an operation on my ankle which meant I was off for a little over a month. This has caused my average grades as a whole to be terrible, how lenient do you reckon they with this. It’s open day on Saturday so I’m gonna have a word but has anyone else experienced something like this and turned their EEU results into AAB in a year???

Where they actual AS exams or mocks/PPE?

It's certainly possible to improve that much. I know someone who went from DEE to ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Where they actual AS exams or mocks/PPE?

It's certainly possible to improve that much. I know someone who went from DEE to ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They weren’t actual AS exams , just internal ones and in hoping to improve but try and get a contextual at BBB bc of the month off I had
Reply 5
They weren’t actual AS exams , just internal ones and in hoping to improve but try and get a contextual at BBB bc of the month off I had

Ok so then they don't need to be declared in your UCAS application.

Contextual offers are usually only if your school or other "environmental" factors have disadvantaged you. Not illness.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/requirements/access-ucl
Reply 6

Contextual offers are usually only if your school or other "environmental" factors have disadvantaged you. Not illness.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/requirements/access-ucl

I think I will be eligible for it, my secondary school was awful. There are a few more factors, I will talk to them on Saturday

I'm applying for geology and I'm predicted A*AA so yikes for you. Have you checked out Keele or a university like Edge Hill?
Reply 8
Original post by icedmangoes
I'm applying for geology and I'm predicted A*AA so yikes for you. Have you checked out Keele or a university like Edge Hill?

I’m thinking about Keele and Aberystwyth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending