The Student Room Group
Airport Fairy
How long did it take you to write your personal statement? Do you think you could have done it better if you'd had more time?

I did mine in one night. Changed one or two bits the next day and that was that.
Airport Fairy
How long did it take you to write your personal statement? Do you think you could have done it better if you'd had more time?

ages and no i'm sick of the bloody thing now thank christ it's all over 2moro (if the ucas site ever starts working again)
Reply 3
Airport Fairy

A few days, then corrected about 20 times.
Reply 4
Airport Fairy

I did it over about a month...like I'd do it once, then someone would slate it and I would feel so bad about it that it would take me like a week to even look at it again!
Reply 5
About a week with corrections being put in every few days.
Reply 6
Hours! But it's awesome.
Reply 7
too me a few days to write mine....then i had to cut it down, cos it was too long, grr
Reply 8
priya
too me a few days to write mine....then i had to cut it down, cos it was too long, grr
Same for me really. Got a few people to criticise it and took their comments on board.
It took me one day to write the ps, then corrected it about 10 times
Finally, it was ok after two weeks
Reply 10
About two weeks - though I wasn't working on it all the time (obviously). I think it helps if you have a while to write it though, as I found leaving it for a while and coming back to it helped as you could take a fresg look at what you'd written.
Reply 11
I rewrote/edited it every week for about 4 months. But then, I'm a bit of a perfectionist about written work.

Latest

Trending

Trending