Who would you support; Iran or Saudi Arabia? Watch

Poll: Who do you support; Iran or Saudi Arabia?
Iran (7)
70%
Saudi Arabia (3)
30%
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The never ending saga of Israel vs. Palestine if a fairly common one on this forum but i was wondering; if people were asked to chose between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Iran in whom to support who would you chose?

I mean it's somewhat of a poisoned question they're both heinous in their foreign and internal policies but none the less. Please do justify your answer as well

Personally I would have to go with Iran though. A fascinating country with a beautiful history and as far as its domestic politics goes it atleast has a semblance of democracy whilst KSA doesnt even attempt to have a facade of it. In its foreign policy whilst some might get offended by its support for Hamas and Hezbollah in ones view it pales in comparison to what the Saudis get up to from their genocide in Yemen, backing Sadam, spreading terror across the world [remember all of these delightful terror groups hail from the Saudi sponsored wahhabi strain of Islam whilst i'm struggling to think of a single terror attack committed in the west either directly aided abetted by Iran or in the name of Shia islam as a stand alone reason. [remember that several of the 9/11 attackers were found to have numerous links to the government of the KSA]

Poll included!
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Iran. Saudi Arabia is like ISIS with a government.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Neither ideally...
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Iran for sure. At this point id probably support it over the US.
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ideally, neither. However if I had to choose, probably KSA, solely for the fact that it seems to be progressing rapidly, as Iran seems to be getting no where. Also saudis are very proud of where they come from, which I respect
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Neither.

But would know which one our enlightened Conservative government and those who vote for them support.
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
Neither ideally...
In this black and white world we live in the 3rd way has been blocked im afraid
(Original post by Ikhan1)
Ideally, neither. However if I had to choose, probably KSA, solely for the fact that it seems to be progressing rapidly, as Iran seems to be getting no where. Also saudis are very proud of where they come from, which I respect
I'm curious what you mean by "progressing rapidly" here? I mean Iran has elections, certain rights for women etc. whilst even Saudi token gestures at these seem to be somewhat half assed
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
In this black and white world we live in the 3rd way has been blocked im afraid

I'm curious what you mean by "progressing rapidly" here? I mean Iran has elections, certain rights for women etc. whilst even Saudi token gestures at these seem to be somewhat half assed
In which case, to sound like a total arse given that they are as bad as one another I would go with the one that can sell us cheaper oil and who we can do more profitable trade with.
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
In which case, to sound like a total arse given that they are as bad as one another I would go with the one that can sell us cheaper oil and who we can do more profitable trade with.
Can't argue with that reasoning to be honest, fair play to you old boy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads