The Student Room Group

IB subjects for law

My subjects are
Sl: self taught persian lit, math , ESS
Hl: English B , Economics , Theatre
I was thinking maybe instead of history, I should take philosophy HL for law. Will that do?
History would be a better option
Reply 2
I really wanna get into Harward law school can u help me with my subjects and the things I should do?
Weak mix. Wouldn't take theatre at HL. Subject combo won't matter that much though, but the more academic your options the more persuasive your application will be to the top schools.

Harvard Law will mean a postgrad course, meaning you will study a bachelor's in another subject before then. Your IB subjects would need to satisfy the requirements of this intermediary bachelor's degree and upon applying for your JD your IB subjects would be entirely irrelevant.
Reply 4
Original post by Notoriety
Weak mix. Wouldn't take theatre at HL. Subject combo won't matter that much though, but the more academic your options the more persuasive your application will be to the top schools.

Harvard Law will mean a postgrad course, meaning you will study a bachelor's in another subject before then. Your IB subjects would need to satisfy the requirements of this intermediary bachelor's degree and upon applying for your JD your IB subjects would be entirely irrelevant.

What do u suggest me to take? Also do u have an instagram account so that I can ask for ur help?
Do u think I should drop theatre and take philo or history at HL? I would be glad if u informed me .
Original post by Fargol
What do u suggest me to take? Also do u have an instagram account so that I can ask for ur help?
Do u think I should drop theatre and take philo or history at HL? I would be glad if u informed me .

Something more academic, so philosophy or history would be sufficient.

And you can ask any questions you want to ask on this site by creating a new thread. Unfortunately, as per the terms of my release on licence, I am forbidden from adding teenagers on social media.
Reply 6
Original post by Notoriety
Something more academic, so philosophy or history would be sufficient.

And you can ask any questions you want to ask on this site by creating a new thread. Unfortunately, as per the terms of my release on licence, I am forbidden from adding teenagers on social media.

Thank you for all the help that you gave me . Also you mentioned that I should take some course before entering Harward law directly , Is it good for me to change my science group from ESS to biology sl ? It would be like :
Hl: English B , economic , philosophy
Sl: Biology , math and persian self taught
Also I wanted to choose ESS to get better grades.
Sincerely,
FARGOL
Reply 7
Original post by Fargol
Thank you for all the help that you gave me . Also you mentioned that I should take some course before entering Harward law directly , Is it good for me to change my science group from ESS to biology sl ? It would be like :
Hl: English B , economic , philosophy
Sl: Biology , math and persian self taught
Also I wanted to choose ESS to get better grades.
Sincerely,
FARGOL

I would definitely recommend taking biology over ESS as its definitely considered a stronger science, especially for law.
I would recommend dropping Persian for something else, with all due respect as you're already taking English HL but B not A.
I would leave your HLs as English, Economics and History (instead of Philosophy as its stronger for law).
SLs : Biology, Maths (you could do Philosophy SL or psychology SL instead of Persian if you prefer).
Hi Fargol, did you do Persian? I have my Persian finals in two months. I have used different resources but I want to know what worked for you. What resources did u use ? thanks
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply