Albertopolis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Have applied to Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Durham, and Warwick at the beginning of this year (mostly PPE), and got rejected by Cambridge, LSE, and UCL, which left me a bit (quite a lot actually lol) heart-broken.

My predicted grades were A*A*A*A*A (with my only A in maths), but the problem was that my college tutor refused to tell me any info about my predicted grades until after I have sent my application, and it turned out later that the only A* I needed to receive an offer was in maths. If I had known my grades beforehand, I would have asked my maths teacher to raise this one grade or would have applied to a slightly different course, but now the high expectations that I had and the fact that I wasted two of my UCAS choices (UCL and LSE) are pressuring me psychologically.

I'm still not sure whether I want Warwick or Durham (cause they were my last choices, and I'm not sure which one has better international reputation - a very important thing for me).

Does anyone have any advice on how to get over it and start thinking clearly about which uni should I go to or whether I should reapply?
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Albertopolis)
Have applied to Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Durham, and Warwick at the beginning of this year (mostly PPE), and got rejected by Cambridge, LSE, and UCL, which left me a bit (quite a lot actually lol) heart-broken.

My predicted grades were A*A*A*A*A (with my only A in maths), but the problem was that my college tutor refused to tell me any info about my predicted grades until after I have sent my application, and it turned out later that the only A* I needed to receive an offer was in maths. If I had known my grades beforehand, I would have asked my maths teacher to raise this one grade or would have applied to a slightly different course, but now the high expectations that I had and the fact that I wasted two of my UCAS choices (UCL and LSE) are pressuring me psychologically.

I'm still not sure whether I want Warwick or Durham (cause they were my last choices, and I'm not sure which one has better international reputation - a very important thing for me).

Does anyone have any advice on how to get over it and start thinking clearly about which uni should I go to or whether I should reapply?
Have you been to see Durham or Warwick? If not, this can be something that is really useful to help you decide. Often you'll find you get a better 'feeling' about one or the other. I don't know a huge deal about Warwick but know that Durham has a lot of international students and societies.

If you don't really want to attend either of these universities, then you could look at clearing options, but, obviously, would need to consider which other universities do appeal to you. There is also the option of adjustment if you exceed the offers you have. Reapplying is an option, but that really depends on your grades achieved and whether you need to resit or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (128)
29.77%
No (302)
70.23%

Watched Threads