The Student Room Group

Choose 5 first year and drop 2 second year?

I chose 5 subjects ( Maths, Physics, Chemistry , Biology and GP) first year.

In second year, dropping GP was compulsory but can i drop biology to take further mathematics . I want to pursue physics and astronomy at uni , so choosing Bio seems like a huge mistake .

If i can do that , will my knowlege of 1st year bio matter? If it does how do i take my re-exams (can i ignore p4 &p5?) if i messed it up?
Original post by Enthusiast..
I chose 5 subjects ( Maths, Physics, Chemistry , Biology and GP) first year.

In second year, dropping GP was compulsory but can i drop biology to take further mathematics . I want to pursue physics and astronomy at uni , so choosing Bio seems like a huge mistake .

If i can do that , will my knowlege of 1st year bio matter? If it does how do i take my re-exams (can i ignore p4 &p5?) if i messed it up?

What is GP? Equivalent of General studies?

Have a look at the entry requirements for your chosen unis. They are likely to prefer FM over Biology, but soemtimes it isnt an essential, although they might request an A* at maths.

If you dont need Bio and are dropping it then why are you talking about resits? Get started quickly. Talk to your Maths teacher assuming your school are letting you do it in a year.

Quick Reply

Latest