Anyone else having a boring summer?

Watch this thread
Milk Tea
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I finished A-levels last week and I'm already bored out of my mind. My friends seem to not want to make plans and I keep getting rejected for summer jobs. I've started learning a new language though which helps pass the time :rolleyes:

What are you all up to?
username4150236
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
sitting here thinking wtf do i do with my life i just graduated
law411010
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There’s loads of jobs, every single one of my friends have managed to get a job since leaving school recently. You’ll eventually find one.
princess770
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
same i trying to look for summer jobs aswell cannot find it aswell and how do people get summer jobs i searched it and cannot find it so i am gona ask my career advisor to help me find one
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Nah, been the opposite actually, been too stressful Doesn't help when heatwaves kill my productivity.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Nothing. So bored..
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Gaming
ihatePE
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I had an expectation that this summer would be good because its last yr of sixth form, but the tea is, its exactly as dead as the last few summers
Milk Tea
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by law411010)
There’s loads of jobs, every single one of my friends have managed to get a job since leaving school recently. You’ll eventually find one.
It's not easy when you live in a rubbish town with a dying town centre and you're still learning to drive

(Original post by princess770)
same i trying to look for summer jobs aswell cannot find it aswell and how do people get summer jobs i searched it and cannot find it so i am gona ask my career advisor to help me find one
It's so difficult isn't it A few of my friends have jobs but they seem to have got them due to knowing somebody that works there..

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Nah, been the opposite actually, been too stressful Doesn't help when heatwaves kill my productivity.
Ooo what are you up to?

(Original post by ihatePE)
I had an expectation that this summer would be good because its last yr of sixth form, but the tea is, its exactly as dead as the last few summers
Hahaha same. I haven't had an eventful summer since 2015 :rolleyes:
atakk
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
wait until you have to work and you can just watch everyone having fun in the sun inside your gazillion degrees office :badger:
mrbubbles123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Milk Tea)
I finished A-levels last week and I'm already bored out of my mind. My friends seem to not want to make plans and I keep getting rejected for summer jobs. I've started learning a new language though which helps pass the time :rolleyes:

What are you all up to?
I'm more stressed than being at school lol. I've finished my GCSEs, and am working at my local opticians from 9-5, with an hour lunch break in between. Then I have to practice music for an hour because I have a tour coming up in a week or so, and I also want to self-learn A level C1 to C4 and FP1 and FP2 in preparation for the harder linear maths course before the end of July.

Wanna trade some of your free time for my work? I would be down hehe
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeh but every summer is, least favourite time of year tbh
ForestShadow
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

you could always try procrastinating something to make doing something unrelated more fun :dontknow:

Im going back to HK
Getpumped
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Go GYM
alicelmoro2
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Same I just finished my A levels and I'm so bored... whereas before my mind was occupied with stress, now I have nothing to think about other than how bored I am.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Im actually enjoying it just relaxing, looking forward to my year abroad but im in no hurry to do anything, year one wasnt hard but exam periods are mentally draining. But im a big football fan, so being able to binge football has likely entertained me. Being worry free and simply enjoying the cup, knowing next summer likely ill be busier tied into an internship and doing study for my GMAT for my master. And im not getting any younger, so i doubt i will have free time next world cup, ill have a master and hopefully a job.
username4011692
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Working part time, watching TV, and stressing over whether my GCSE results will get me to college.
Superdrilles
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
this made me laugh so much lmao.
I have a feeling we would get on well since we speak in the same way ahaha.
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I can’t enjoy summer being broke. I need to get a job and that’s when i can do all the fun stuff
Superdrilles
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don't think its too boring for me atm although i still have 2 months to go so im learning to enjoy my own company.
Usually i go back to home country for the entire summer but this year it wasnt possible due to finance and by choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (125)
66.84%
No (40)
21.39%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.76%

Watched Threads