Which subjects should i study in A levels to do MBA?

Watch
eman.km
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I am new in this community. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post about this lol.

I recently finished my O level ( GCSE ). I am having confusing while choosing my 3 subjects ( 3 is the minimum ) for A levels. Presently I am not studying in England but I have planned to join an England University to do MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) after completing my A levels.

Can anyone advice me which subjects should I choose? I don't want to choose the subjects which would not be accepted by the university in the future.

Thanks in advance
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by eman.km)
Hey, I am new in this community. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post about this lol.

I recently finished my O level ( GCSE ). I am having confusing while choosing my 3 subjects ( 3 is the minimum ) for A levels. Presently I am not studying in England but I have planned to join an England University to do MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) after completing my A levels.

Can anyone advice me which subjects should I choose? I don't want to choose the subjects which would not be accepted by the university in the future.

Thanks in advance
First you would need an undergraduate degree then some business experience.
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A Levels that get you into a good university to study a quantitative subject
eman.km
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
First you would need an undergraduate degree then some business experience.
I am thinking to do Bachelor in business management. Which subjects should I choose in A levels? Will Business, Maths and Economic work?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hannah00)
A Levels that get you into a good university to study a quantitative subject
You can do an MBA with any undergraduate degree, it doesn't need to be a quantitative subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am thinking to do Bachelor in business management. Which subjects should I choose in A levels? Will Business, Maths and Economic work?
They would be fine although I'd suggest not doing Business at A-level if you are going to do a degree in it. Is there another subject you also like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hannah00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
You can do an MBA with any undergraduate degree, it doesn't need to be a quantitative subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
stop stalking me
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
stop stalking me
I'm not. But stop misleading students and I won't need to reply to your posts.
hannah00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not. But stop misleading students and I won't need to reply to your posts.
I wasnt misleading, you have better chance getting in with a quant subject that is my opinion based on my life experience , you are free to disagree
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wasnt misleading, you have better chance getting in with a quant subject that is my opinion based on my life experience , you are free to disagree
Based on my life experience if you have a good GMAT and a big chequebook you can get on a MBA.

Even LBS says:
"What undergraduate degree subject should I have?
There is no particular preference. We welcome applications from arts, languages and philosophy graduates as well as those from the pure sciences, engineering, maths and the social sciences, including business and economics."

In fact an undergrad degree isn't required by them at all.
hannah00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Based on my life experience if you have a good GMAT and a big chequebook you can get on a MBA.

Even LBS says:
"What undergraduate degree subject should I have?
There is no particular preference. We welcome applications from arts, languages and philosophy graduates as well as those from the pure sciences, engineering, maths and the social sciences, including business and economics."

In fact an undergrad degree isn't required by them at all.
so then post what you think, dont feel the need to quote me or mansplain me. Threads often have different advice that is normal. No one else goes out of their way to quote me, you seem to have some weird grammar nazi type vibe. You enjoy picking arguments. Im not going to trade links back and fourth with you

You quote me in the most random threads even unrelated to students, this obsession is not healthy. I know you want a reaction which is why you do this,

but seriously grow up
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so then post what you think, dont feel the need to quote me or mansplain me. Threads often have different advice that is normal. No one else goes out of their way to quote me, you seem to have some weird grammar nazi type vibe. You enjoy picking arguments. Im not going to trade links back and fourth with you

You quote me in the most random threads even unrelated to students, this obsession is not healthy. I know you want a reaction which is why you do this,

but seriously grow up
He's not mansplaining you.
eman.km
Rep:
?
They would be fine although I'd suggest not doing Business at A-level if you are going to do a degree in it. Is there another subject you also like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually I studies science subjects plus business, would I have any problem in the future if I study Economics and Accounting in A level?

Well if you suggest me not to do Business then I can study Accounting in place of that. So my 3 subjects would be Economics, Accounting and Maths. But I am really good at Business Studies tho...
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Actually I studies science subjects plus business, would I have any problem in the future if I study Economics and Accounting in A level?

Well if you suggest me not to do Business then I can study Accounting in place of that. So my 3 subjects would be Economics, Accounting and Maths. But I am really good at Business Studies tho...
The point is there's a fair bit of overlap between Economics, Accounting and Business Studies. One of those subjects would be sufficient.

What are your science subjects? Are these additional A-levels?
eman.km
Rep:
?
The point is there's a fair bit of overlap between Economics, Accounting and Business Studies. One of those subjects would be sufficient.

What are your science subjects? Are these additional A-levels?
I just finished my O levels. English, Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Business Studies, Pakistan Studies and Islamiat. These are the 7 subjects which I choosed and gave in O levels.

Now I will start my A levels from September ( 2018 ). I am not sure which subjects to choose because some universities does not prefer those students who studied both Economics and Business Studies.
So, which 3 subjects should I choose in A levels? Keeping in mind that I want to do Bachelors in Marketing or Business Administration.

I apologize for confusing you.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just finished my O levels. English, Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Business Studies, Pakistan Studies and Islamiat. These are the 7 subjects which I choosed and gave in O levels.

Now I will start my A levels from September ( 2018 ). I am not sure which subjects to choose because some universities does not prefer those students who studied both Economics and Business Studies.
So, which 3 subjects should I choose in A levels? Keeping in mind that I want to do Bachelors in Marketing or Business Administration.

I apologize for confusing you.
No problem - that's what I though you meant, I just wanted to be sure

So you originally asked if Business, Maths and Economics would work. I think Maths, Economics and one of Physics/CompSci/English would be better than Maths, Economics and Business for the reasons you yourself gave.

But if you think you will get better grades with a different combination (and find the subjects more enjoyable) then that's always a factor to consider too.
eman.km
Rep:
?
No problem - that's what I though you meant, I just wanted to be sure

So you originally asked if Business, Maths and Economics would work. I think Maths, Economics and one of Physics/CompSci/English would be better than Maths, Economics and Business for the reasons you yourself gave.

But if you think you will get better grades with a different combination (and find the subjects more enjoyable) then that's always factor to consider too.
So if I choose Maths, Economics and Computer Science for example. Can I get admission on any university of England to do Bachelors in Business?
Or there is any specific subjects which I have to study.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So if I choose Maths, Economics and Computer Science for example. Can I get admission on any university of England to do Bachelors in Business?
Or there is any specific subjects which I have to study.
Yes those subjects would be fine.

BSc Business (or Management) rarely has specific subject requirements, and if they do it would be Maths that is the only required subject. Similarly for BSc Economics or BSc CompSci should you want to consider those options.

Admissions (or rather Offers) are also partly determined by your achieved or predicted A-level grades - so the "top" universities also expect you to have the top grades.
eman.km
Rep:
?
Yes those subjects would be fine.

BSc Business (or Management) rarely has specific subject requirements, and if they do it would be Maths that is the only required subject. Similarly for BSc Economics or BSc CompSci should you want to consider those options.

Admissions (or rather Offers) are also partly determined by your achieved or predicted A-level grades - so the "top" universities also expect you to have the top grades.
Thank you so much for helping! I am only interested in doing BSc Business and later maybe Marketing MBA.

Do you recommend me to do A levels or AS levels?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much for helping! I am only interested in doing BSc Business and later maybe Marketing MBA.

Do you recommend me to do A levels or AS levels?
It's not either/or. You need A-levels for university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
16.03%
I'm not sure (8)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.84%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (129)
44.95%

Watched Threads