The Student Room Group

I won't be able to get 2 references for teacher training

I will be able to get one from the school I volunteer at, however, I won't be able to fulfill the following criterion:

If you’re still at university or got your degree within the past five years, one reference must be from someone at your university who can comment on your academic ability and potential.

I am credit transferring to Open University this October for my third and final year. This will mean I will send my application off in October, a month into study with them. Because of this, mixed with the fact the tutors don't really interact with you as much as at a brick university (as far as I know), I won't be able to get a reference from this.

Does this mean I won't be able to apply for teacher training? If so, I am literally ****ed as it means another year of working this job that is making me beyond depressed :'( I don't know what I would do.
Original post by GG306
I will be able to get one from the school I volunteer at, however, I won't be able to fulfill the following criterion:

If you’re still at university or got your degree within the past five years, one reference must be from someone at your university who can comment on your academic ability and potential.

I am credit transferring to Open University this October for my third and final year. This will mean I will send my application off in October, a month into study with them. Because of this, mixed with the fact the tutors don't really interact with you as much as at a brick university (as far as I know), I won't be able to get a reference from this.

Does this mean I won't be able to apply for teacher training? If so, I am literally ****ed as it means another year of working this job that is making me beyond depressed :'( I don't know what I would do.

Just phone them, explain the situation and ask them how to proceed i.e alternatives.
Original post by GG306

Are you sure the Open University won't supply you with a reference? You might have to wait a bit longer to send your application off but this shouldn't be a major issue - I applied in January and got 3 offers. All the unis I applied to still had spaces available at this stage for all subjects and Primary.

Otherwise would your former uni write you a reference?

Some unis might accept 2 non-academic references if you ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending