Will my laptop be able to run this game Watch

ineeedhellp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I don't have a pc or anything I just have a laptop. I haven't really played any pc games before but really like the look of Jurassic world evolution. I checked the specs of my laptop an the specs needed to play the game and the problems I have is my dedicated video RAM is 128mb and it says it needs 2gb on a website. Will this have much of an impact on the game as I don't want to spend £40 on a game I can't even play. Thank you.
Haunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't buy the game - save up for a better pc/laptop instead. Even if the game somehow runs, it will be extremely slow.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, it won't run.
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...volution/16810

This will tell you if you have even a chance
sonny.jim
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You won't be able to run the game. I suggest installing more RAM or replacing your laptop altogether. For future reference, PC stands for 'personal computer' and hence, your laptop is a PC. If you're referring to a desktop PC when you say 'PC', I suggest calling it as such. Just a heads up!
ineeedhellp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 3i3ii219)
Don't buy the game - save up for a better pc/laptop instead. Even if the game somehow runs, it will be extremely slow.
Where is a good place to buy a pc and how much would it roughly cost - considering i dont need the latest one and do you have any reccommendations. Thanks very much.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ineeedhellp)
Where is a good place to buy a pc and how much would it roughly cost - considering i dont need the latest one and do you have any reccommendations. Thanks very much.
GTX 1060 would be my minimum, £600 ish, 1050 £500 ish
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I don't have a pc or anything I just have a laptop. I haven't really played any pc games before but really like the look of Jurassic world evolution. I checked the specs of my laptop an the specs needed to play the game and the problems I have is my dedicated video RAM is 128mb and it says it needs 2gb on a website. Will this have much of an impact on the game as I don't want to spend £40 on a game I can't even play. Thank you.
Nah, it's not going to run it.
(Original post by sonny.jim)
You won't be able to run the game. I suggest installing more RAM or replacing your laptop altogether. For future reference, PC stands for 'personal computer' and hence, your laptop is a PC. If you're referring to a desktop PC when you say 'PC', I suggest calling it as such. Just a heads up!
More RAM won't help the lack of dedicated graphics in any meaningful capacity.

Desktop or laptop?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah if something says it needs a minimum of 2000mb odd graphics memory to run it's not going to run on 128mb realistically :P you've often got a bit of wiggle room, but not that much. PC's can generally use some of their own disk memory to compensate for a lack of dedicated video mem but it's not ideal and again has it's limits.

Trouble with gaming PC's is they are all just selection of bits really, if you buy a ready made one odds are it's a ripoff. Mine is 'semi-gaming' and cost maybe £400 to put together (I've never went for graphic card elitism, paying £500+ just for a graphics card is on the obsessive side IMO, My old GT640 card would run this no worries and they cost like £50 now :P
lizzawh0rus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hell no. Upgrade if you can. If you want help picking sth out lmk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads