Where can I get support from my college?

Watch
Carbonx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to tell about my horrible situation at home. On September I will start my first year in college and I don't know where I can get support. Are there any people who may help me with my anxiety, depression, and bad situation at home? In the case if I will tell someone too much about my situation at home do they have to report it to police and other people? I thinks so So if situation at my home is very bad what steps my college and other people do? In what situation can I go to different family (adoption)?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you can tell your head of year / someone that you trust at school.

anxiety and depression wise, you can tell your GP / doctor and they will give you the help you need whether that be medication/ CBT / therapy etc etc.

police / getting sectioned / informing parents does not happen unless they feel as though you are not in the right state or able to make a decision for yourself.

i hope you get better over time and stay positive ! i am always here for you if you want to talk.

gigi :kitty::heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads