The Student Room Group

Ordinary Degree

I am a final year student at Middlesex University and want to ask I failed one of my final year modules and currently have 330 out of 360 to get honours degree.

I am eligible to get a Ordinary Bsc degree while I go through the resubmission process for that module?
let you graduate this summer though.
Original post by sanayp
I am a final year student at Middlesex University and want to ask I failed one of my final year modules and currently have 330 out of 360 to get honours degree.

I am eligible to get a Ordinary Bsc degree while I go through the resubmission process for that module?

Normally what happens is you will graduate in the next session. You can check to see if they will I dont think they award you the degree twice.

They might allow compensation if it was close.
Original post by sanayp

is that for definite? because at mine u can fail 4 modules and still get a bachelors
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
let you graduate this summer though.

Normally what happens is you will graduate in the next session. You can check to see if they will I dont think they award you the degree twice.

They might allow compensation if it was close.

It says on my university regulations that if you get minimum 300 credits in levels 4,5 and 6 you will get a Ordinary degree.
Original post by sanayp
It says on my university regulations that if you get minimum 300 credits in levels 4,5 and 6 you will get a Ordinary degree.

Yes that is common, but your issue is whether that is all you will get as your final award. You need to speak to your department. It is common for people who have failed modules to have their graduation delayed tiill they meet the 360 credit target. Ask your department or the exam office whether you will be allowed to graduate this summer.
Reply 5
Yes that is common, but your issue is whether that is all you will get as your final award. You need to speak to your department. It is common for people who have failed modules to have their graduation delayed tiill they meet the 360 credit target. Ask your department or the exam office whether you will be allowed to graduate this summer.

The department said I can attend my graduation which is next month.
Original post by sanayp
The department said I can attend my graduation which is next month.

Then you are fine. Have you also asked them about being awarded two degrees?
Reply 7
Then you are fine. Have you also asked them about being awarded two degrees?

I have been told to wait until Finalist results are released on 29 June
Original post by sanayp
I have been told to wait until Finalist results are released on 29 June

Then you might get a compensated pass anyway as they will be keen to finish your degree off rather thna have you hanging around. Do tell me if you get awarded two degres.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending