The Student Room Group

The road to A* Grades.

Buenos dias. Since I was a kid I wanted to study medicine, and get into Oxbridge, and to do so, first I need perfect grades. I'm doing IGCSE CIE board in all my subjects except in English, in which I'm doing Edexcel.
So my personal targets and my current grades are:
Red= Target grade
Blue= Current grade

Biology- A* A*
Chemistry- A* C
Physics- A* A
Mathematics- A* A
English Lang- 9 7
English Lit- 8 6
Business- A* A*
Spanish- A* B

As you can see, I got fairly decent grades, but I didn't reach my targets in many of my subjects. I'm really worried about Chemistry, as I got a C. To be fair, I didn't study for the final exam, but it was still a very *****y grade, and if I keep these grades I won't be able to study medicine.
I also aim to get my percentage up in mathematics and physics, as I've been getting good grades mainly because of luck and low grade bondaries.
I don't really need business, but the subject is really easy so I aim to get the best grade.
And I'm a spanish native... So the IGCSE exam will probably be really easy. I got a B because I'm doing spanish curriculum, which is wayyyy more difficult and with very high grade boundaries, so I'm not worrying about Spanish.
So, any tips? My plan is to basicly ******** my way through what's left of Y11, and make loads of past papers and rely on Znotes.
It isn't a really good plan, but it worked the first time with Biology and I almost got full marks.
Any ideas?
-----
TLDR; I want to study medicine, but I'm ****ing up in Chemistry. I also want all A*. My plan is to make loads of past papers and study ZNotes.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending