mangola34
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so got my self in a hard situation:
doing media BTEC level 3- passed my first year year with MMM and my second year with a D*DD.
i applied originally for film and VFX, at middlesex,escape studios, Bournemouth, Hertfordshire and south bank. went to only escape studios and south bank interview. and got a offer from them.
i decided i would go for VFX at escape studios but after some persuasion from parents and some own choice i decided to drop that and film. now ive applied for networking in middlesex and i got a offer from them since they were originally on my choice list.
how ever the problem is that i dont know but something seems off at middlesex im unsure if thats the right uni for me. i know that the course is best for a job security but the uni it self. ehh idk its rank 100 on the league table.
is it possible to still pick another university?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mangola34)
doing media BTEC level 3- passed my first year year with MMM and my second year with a D*DD.
i applied originally for film and VFX, at middlesex,escape studios, Bournemouth, Hertfordshire and south bank. went to only escape studios and south bank interview. and got a offer from them.
i decided i would go for VFX at escape studios but after some persuasion from parents and some own choice i decided to drop that and film. now ive applied for networking in middlesex and i got a offer from them since they were originally on my choice list.
how ever the problem is that i dont know but something seems off at middlesex im unsure if thats the right uni for me. i know that the course is best for a job security but the uni it self. ehh idk its rank 100 on the league table.
At this point you are probably best waiting for clearing. Or better yet take a gap year and get some work experience in the sorts of jobs/workplaces you are considering to be sure that you are making the right choice.

You can contact middlesex now and explain that you don’t want to go there anymore and ask them to arrange it so you are in clearing asap.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello mangola,

I am a current student at Middlesex and I am loving my time here.
It is a very multicultural environment and there are loads of ways to get to know new people. There are loads of sports, societies, jobs on campus and volunteering opportunities.
The facilities are also great, with industry-standard equipment and the lecturers have very strong industry links.
At the end of the three years, you will also get to showcase your work to industry professionals at degree show in Central London.

Have you had a look at this video?
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/underg...visual-effects

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions and I will get you in touch with the lecturer.

Have a great day
Ludovica
mangola34
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
At this point you are probably best waiting for clearing. Or better yet take a gap year and get some work experience in the sorts of jobs/workplaces you are considering to be sure that you are making the right choice.

You can contact middlesex now and explain that you don’t want to go there anymore and ask them to arrange it so you are in clearing asap.
i called up ucas an they said i can do adjustment which is something available after results day in august . they also said i have a week for UCAS EXTRA where i decline my offers and put down only one single choice which is the best choice i can do atm that is only if i FIND the uni i want
mangola34
Rep:
?
(Original post by Middlesex University)
Hello mangola,

I am a current student at Middlesex and I am loving my time here.
It is a very multicultural environment and there are loads of ways to get to know new people. There are loads of sports, societies, jobs on campus and volunteering opportunities.
The facilities are also great, with industry-standard equipment and the lecturers have very strong industry links.
At the end of the three years, you will also get to showcase your work to industry professionals at degree show in Central London.

Have you had a look at this video?
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/underg...visual-effects

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions and I will get you in touch with the lecturer.

Have a great day
Ludovica
thx for the reply but im doing networking at middlesex not vfx anymore lol. ive seen those videos before and there the reason why i put middlesex on my choice list
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i called up ucas an they said i can do adjustment which is something available after results day in august . they also said i have a week for UCAS EXTRA where i decline my offers and put down only one single choice which is the best choice i can do atm that is only if i FIND the uni i want
Adjustment is only an option if you exceed the conditions of your offer and can find a place you’re happy with in 5 calendar days after results day. It’s only worth using if you’re happy with your current firm choice but want to explore other universities.

If you definitely don’t want to go to middlesex then you are better to contact them now and ask to be placed into extra which will then mean that you are in clearing right from the start (but then wait until clearing to apply).

Waiting until after results day to sort this out is a bad idea and only likely to lead to more rushed decisions that you end up regretting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads