The Student Room Group

Driving instructor issues

Hey guys,

I'm not sure who might be able to help me with this problem but I thought I'd ask here as so many of you I'm sure have had driving lessons.

Basically I have driving instructor who is very good and he's encouraged me to move my practical test so I'm more likely to pass rather than waste lots of money on a test and fail. This is fine and supposedly in just less than a month.

However, he keeps cancelling lessons. He's always done this from the beginning but I just tried to accept it and make up an excuse every time my dad complained about it because I was progressing in every lesson. However, because I had to get up early today, it's now started to annoy me. I can't change instructors because I've paid for at least 6 more hrs with him and then I'd have to get used to another instructor which may prolong the process even more.
How can I tell him that in the UK when you say you'll do something at a certain time, it is expected you do it and not cancel all the time? (I need to say it in a polite but strong enough way that things will change).

Any help would be much appreciated :-)
Is he Asian? 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Pearlfection1
Is he Asian? 😂

No, I didn’t want to stereotype on this because I only know one Egyptian person and that’s him. He did tell me in a lesson once that people near where he comes from are like this (not aware of lessons times must be kept thing) but he hates it when his students keep cancelling and he’s waiting there for ages. Well I’m not usually waiting as he lets me know beforehand but he still cancels a lot!!! (Too much)
is he Egyptian
cancel on him or make him wait at the last minute and then point out that it's annoying when he get's annoyed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending