abenson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

I am in my late twenties and have finished my full time work with a view to beginning a BSc (Hons) degree with the Open University in October. I will be applying for a tuition loan as a part time student. My question is whether I will be entitled to a maintenance loan as well as the tuition loan? (I will be living with my parents whilst completing the degree)

Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by abenson)
Hi

I am in my late twenties and have finished my full time work with a view to beginning a BSc (Hons) degree with the Open University in October. I will be applying for a tuition loan as a part time student. My question is whether I will be entitled to a maintenance loan as well as the tuition loan? (I will be living with my parents whilst completing the degree)

Thanks
To get a part time maintenance loan when distance learning you would have to have a disability that means you can't study at a university.
abenson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
To get a part time maintenance loan when distance learning you would have to have a disability that means you can't study at a university.
Ok. Thank you for you quick reply.
Aisha SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by abenson)
Hi

Thanks
Hi, as claireestelle has mentioned,

Open University students are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan only. However, new students who commence their studies from 2018/19 studying a Distance Learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Evidence will be required to prove the student is unable to attend due to a disability for us to award this to them. You can apply online here http://ow.ly/u85F30kGtcp

Warm regards, Aisha.
Jodieb1986
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you’re eligible for DSA would that mean you’re also eligible for part-time maintenance loan while doing distance learning, the actual criteria isn’t clear anywhere
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jodieb1986)
If you’re eligible for DSA would that mean you’re also eligible for part-time maintenance loan while doing distance learning, the actual criteria isn’t clear anywhere
Hi,

In order to be eligible for a part time maintenance loan if you're studying distance learning, you need to provide evidence on why your disability means that you need to study via distance learning.

Thanks, Duncan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads