Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseprincessx)
    Are A levels taken into great consideration?
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    You just have to get at least a 2:1 x
    "We will rank applicants according to the quality of their degree result, giving preference to those with a 1st class mark, but we expect also to consider those who have achieved a result at the upper end of the 2:1 range. Secondary school qualifications are used to discriminate between applicants. In particular, we expect very good results in Science, English and Mathematics. As a guide our A level threshold requirements are BBB, though these grades may be raised through competition."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    "We will rank applicants according to the quality of their degree result, giving preference to those with a 1st class mark, but we expect also to consider those who have achieved a result at the upper end of the 2:1 range. Secondary school qualifications are used to discriminate between applicants. In particular, we expect very good results in Science, English and Mathematics. As a guide our A level threshold requirements are BBB, though these grades may be raised through competition."
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    You just have to get at least a 2:1 x
    Love you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Thank you I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Love you x
    Ly too x don’t worry babe you’ll pull through

ReputationRep:
    Are A levels taken into great consideration?
    I have friends who got in and one who got rejected, her email basically said that due to the competition they only considered those with AAA in alevel, in terms of the uni grade it is highly preferable for a 1st as well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ly too x don’t worry babe you’ll pull through
    I do hope so x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradmedic2)
    I have friends who got in and one who got rejected, her email basically said that due to the competition they only considered those with AAA in alevel, in terms of the uni grade it is highly preferable for a 1st as well
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I am in final year of Biomedical Sciences degree and am predicted a First. Is it true that I can't apply in this cycle to start in Sep 2019 and have to wait till i finish my degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsbuzz)
    I am in final year of Biomedical Sciences degree and am predicted a First. Is it true that I can't apply in this cycle to start in Sep 2019 and have to wait till i finish my degree?
    You can still apply bud. But due to competition, preference is given to those whom have already achieved their degree certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsbuzz)
    Their FAQ specifically says they prefer candidates that have their achieved degree already so don’t apply if you haven’t no matter what. You can apply but it’s highly likely you’ll get rejected because of that.

ReputationRep:
    Their FAQ specifically says they prefer candidates that have their achieved degree already so don’t apply if you haven’t no matter what. You can apply but it’s highly likely you’ll get rejected because of that.
    Thought so but wasn’t sure. Thanks for the reply
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    is that for all grad med unis ??

ReputationRep:
    In last years thread, offers were given to those with degree results still pending. But I imagine those candidates are ones that were predicted a 1st with competitive A-Level grades also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    is that for all grad med unis ??
    No, as far as I know only bham was strict

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    In last years thread, offers were given to those with degree results still pending. But I imagine those candidates are ones that were predicted a 1st with competitive A-Level grades also.
    Most likely, probably had amazing work experience as well and publications

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I have a 1st in Biomedical Sciences but flopped A level, should i still apply to Birmingham ? I'd really appreciate any responses by the end of this month (september)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fahu)
    Hey guys,
    I have a 1st in Biomedical Sciences but flopped A level, should i still apply to Birmingham ? I'd really appreciate any responses by the end of this month (september)

Hi Fahu,
    We seem to have similar academic achievements and I emailed Birmingham to ask whether I would be eligible to apply for their graduate programme.
    I would advise that you do the same but from what they told me is that candidates require higher A-level grades in order to compete with other candidates with high A - level grades and a high degree classification.

I hope that this helps.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    what is considered as a high 2:1 though? And do you think they distinguish between a 1st in terms of their actual average? 🧐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arimas)
    I emailed them and I will make my decision accordingly.
    Thanks
    Did you get an answer regarding this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 13, 2018

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.