The Student Room Group

SAS

I want to make it into the SAS or at least the royal marines commondos. What does it take. Any information would help. Done all the research i can so far.
Reply 1
What advice did the research tell you? Looking at doing the same so information shared is vital to success.
Original post by IAmNobodyNew
I want to make it into the SAS or at least the royal marines commondos. What does it take. Any information would help. Done all the research i can so far.

It takes alot more than you think and requires being in the military before you can apply for the SAS (Full time). If i'm right in remembering your CO needs to put you forward as well. As for the marines it requires peak physical condition and alot of training. If I were you i'd phone up or atleast email them. You could also contact your local reserves.
Original post by chrissy99
It takes alot more than you think and requires being in the military before you can apply for the SAS (Full time). If i'm right in remembering your CO needs to put you forward as well. As for the marines it requires peak physical condition and alot of training. If I were you i'd phone up or atleast email them. You could also contact your local reserves.

Yeah i have been in contact with them, cheers though
Focus on joining the Army first.

You can't have done that much research if you are asking what it takes to become a Royal Marines Commando.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk is all the detail you need.

Quick Reply

Latest