Anyone else struggling to find Prom Dresses?

Watch this thread
SleepyBeans
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
GCSEs are finished.
Prom season is upon us!

Why, oh why, did I decide to go?!

I have been searching for dresses more or less every day, for the past week, I am so tired of looking at sequins and lace, it's actually sad.

I mean, there are some gorgeous dresses out there, sequins, rose gold, mermaid, beads, flowy and just utter beauty...

Do they fit me?

NO!!!

I am a 4'11" girl that folds her jeans about three times despite buying the 'petite range'. And at this point, I cannot find a single dress that fits, doesn't help that all my friends are giants so I look like a mini gremlin beside them.

Obviously, I want to look pretty and nice but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The dresses just absolutely dwarf me and I look horrible and the dresses just don't look good... it's actually depressing...

Anyone got any tips?

At this point, I just want to rip every dress apart!
StarbucksLife14
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
As a fellow short girl who has just had prom I feel your pain. I don't know if you've considered this depending on budget but maybe see if any dress shops can make dresses specifically to you. Also, if you see a dress you like you could take it to a seamstress who could hem it and make alterations so it fits you properly. Maybe try looking for midi length dresses (this is what I did) which depending on how the dress falls won't need hemming and will fit the height perfectly.
YixingZhang
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rachana.L)
GCSEs are finished.
Prom season is upon us!

Why, oh why, did I decide to go?!

I have been searching for dresses more or less every day, for the past week, I am so tired of looking at sequins and lace, it's actually sad.

I mean, there are some gorgeous dresses out there, sequins, rose gold, mermaid, beads, flowy and just utter beauty...

Do they fit me?

NO!!!

I am a 4'11" girl that folds her jeans about three times despite buying the 'petite range'. And at this point, I cannot find a single dress that fits, doesn't help that all my friends are giants so I look like a mini gremlin beside them.

Obviously, I want to look pretty and nice but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The dresses just absolutely dwarf me and I look horrible and the dresses just don't look good... it's actually depressing...

Anyone got any tips?

At this point, I just want to rip every dress apart!
Why don't you try to wear a jumpsuit or something? They might fit you better; there is loads.
Toastiekid
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like you’ve tried a lot on
I ended up getting one that was meant to be quite short on a taller person but ended up just past the knees on me (had to get a small size to errr fit the chest area:laugh:)
Have you considered a play suit/romper or a bandeau with trousers? I know a few of my friends are doing that.
Out of interest what shoes are you wearing? I still haven’t gotten mine:eek3:
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i'm 5'2 so i understand your pain- spent a whole day shopping for a dres in b'ham and came back home very demotivated:sadnod: have you tried online shops like asos? i got mine online from next (£65, very nice dress imo) and it fit really well:yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (270)
42.19%
The paper was reasonable (265)
41.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.06%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.34%

Watched Threads