The Student Room Group

Foundation courses

What is SFE's policy re financing changes in courses involving a foundation year? Suppose I apply for a degree in e.g. chemistry with an integrated foundation year. At the end of the foundation year I decide that I would rather do a degree in biosciences or in maths and so change to do the degree in one of these. Would funding still be made available for the changed degree?
Original post by Quizzer
What is SFE's policy re financing changes in courses involving a foundation year? Suppose I apply for a degree in e.g. chemistry with an integrated foundation year. At the end of the foundation year I decide that I would rather do a degree in biosciences or in maths and so change to do the degree in one of these. Would funding still be made available for the changed degree?

If you change from one course to another you would still be funded. If the new course is classed as “without” foundation then your foundation year will have used up your gift year of funding. That means if you needed to restart again or repeat a year those additional years would be unfunded. It just means that it’s important if you’re swapping courses that you are confident that the new course is right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending