student/military presence in plymouth

Watch
Studentlaura
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am considering applying to Plymouth University for their Physician Associate degree programme. I'm currently doing research on the universities and the cities they're situated in, because it's very likely I will be moving to a completely different part of the country.

I have noticed Plymouth has a very large military presence. Mainly consisting of Royal Marines.

I'd just like to know if this has ever caused issues with students, especially on night outs.

I am Muslim as well. And I am not at all saying everyone is racist or prejudiced in anyway. I just want to know about a place before I move there.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Royal marines train in lympstone (devon) the Navy is based and trained in plymouth so there are probably more sailors than royal marines
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi Laura,

Thank you for your interest in the University of Plymouth!

From personal experience, there's barely a military presence here. On nights out, everyone's of a similar age so there's no difference between students and people in the Navy. Plymouth is a pretty harmonious city to live in, and if you want to find out more about life here I'd recommend coming to our next Open Day on 29 September! Find out more here: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/open-days/ugopendays

Hope this helps if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

- Dani, University of Plymouth Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed