Nina898
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in year 9 and in our gcse english literature assesment's out of 30 we've done our first one on of mice and men, the second was a poem comparison and the mist recent one on Macbeth which we only started looking at 2 weeks ago. In the first one this year I got 25/30 which I was initially happy with for my first result since it's the top of band 5. in the poem comparison I got 30/30 which I was extremely happy with since it's the highest I've got and is the top of band 6. However in the mist recent one I got 25/30 and I was told it was a flight path 9 but I'm still not as elated with the result even though I had a gut instinct that this wasn't my best assessment. I can't exactly compare how I got full marks on the previous assessment since it's a poem comparison and this one's on Shakespeare. Does anyone have any tips on how to consistently score in band 6 or clear criteria of how I can get up there consistently especially for Shakespeare.
noonelikesu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bruv you're in year 9 and doing bits, I'm in year 10 n I've only done Macbeth looool
Nina898
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by noonelikesu)
bruv you're in year 9 and doing bits, I'm in year 10 n I've only done Macbeth looool
😭😂 idk why this made me laugh
You've probs done way more than me tho, we literally just started gcse english properly this year
noonelikesu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nina898)
😭😂 idk why this made me laugh
You've probs done way more than me tho, we literally just started gcse english properly this year
na we've literally just read Macbeth n watched the movie for it, year 10 is a joke I love it
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it's amazing you're getting this good marks in year 9! has your teacher offered you feedback on your essay? i wouldn't be too worry at this stage if you're not getting top marks as your writing style might get better and develop in the next two years. is there any area on you think you're weak with on macbeth? (i'll try to help if possible.)

moved to english forum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (75)
63.56%
I don't have everything I need (43)
36.44%

Watched Threads