Are Gamers oppressed? Watch

BenShapiroGaming
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When one thinks of gamers, they stereotype them as unsuccessful, unkempt and immature. We are attacked by both left and right wing, yet our very hobby is based around self improvement of our instincts, reflexes and mental capacity.
drsfgdg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Yes it's not even up for debate. I was playing pubg in the library and the chads started oppressing me and told me to keep the sound down. Called the police on them and got thrown out myself by the corrput police state. Now we rise the **** up
BenShapiroGaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by drsfgdg)

Yes it's not even up for debate. I was playing pubg in the library and the chads started oppressing me and told me to keep the sound down. Called the police on them and got thrown out myself by the corrput police state. Now we rise the **** up
ok, this is epic.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
BenShapiroGaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
No.
Elaborate on that?
carlos30
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
W e l i v e i n a s o c i e t y
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was already doubtful on whether or not this was a serious thread then I saw your username 🙄
BenShapiroGaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexschmalex)
I was already doubtful on whether or not this was a serious thread then I saw your username 🙄
Facts don't care about your feelings
HighOnGoofballs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
>BenShapiroGaming

lmfao
tcg24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
B o t t o m t e x t
BenShapiroGaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexschmalex)
wow EPIC harley quinn avatar veronica, know that this gentleman gamer respects that
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this a joke thread or?
Muudeey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
Is this a joke thread or?
I hope
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muudeey)
I hope
I do have this, frankly, hilarious image of a bunch of stereotypical "gamers" marching on parliament demanding equal rights or some other ******** now :lol:
Muudeey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
I do have this, frankly, hilarious image of a bunch of stereotypical "gamers" marching on parliament demanding equal rights or some other ******** now :lol:
“We require an equal salary to that of a football player for our entertaining services”
SailorSaturnn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think gamers are oppressed by society however lazy people are, if you just game all day and do nothing else its more likely you will find in bad situations like being broke or a addiction etc that's why society may look down on gamers there. I like to play a lot games, when i was younger i got a DS a PSP and an xbox and even now im trying out Fortnite never once have i been judged for being a 'gamer girl' games have helped my imagination a lot and i have been praised for that especially in writing stories etc, so gamers themselves are not oppressed by society but when you let a game take over your whole entire life then there is a problem.
SailorSaturnn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by drsfgdg)

Is this for real?
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't like the word 'gamer' for a start. It's like 'player'. If someone's called a 'player' in any other context then they use people for short term amusement, they lack seriousness, they take risks. In Britain at least the word player doesn't have particularly positive connotations of standing to gain a lot. It stands for being only a few steps way from being a champagne Charlie due to have or deserve a sharp fall. Gaming is looked upon as a silly decadence by many people. Or just a silliness entirely. Which is very wrong about some games.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BenShapiroGaming)
When one thinks of gamers, they stereotype them as unsuccessful, unkempt and immature. We are attacked by both left and right wing, yet our very hobby is based around self improvement of our instincts, reflexes and mental capacity.
Your hobby is centred on the acquisition of Internet points, you mean. Don't kid yourself that you're doing it for fun, or for the personal development. The development is necessary to facilitate the easier acquisition of Internet points.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gamers are not oppressed. If you personally feel oppressed as a gamer (as opposed to the general stereotyping described here) then there's probably a reason for that. If on the other hand, stereotypes (which exist everywhere) make you feel oppressed then I've got bad news for you. Life is hard and you'll need to toughen up a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads