What would you do if Britain became a majority Muslim country? Watch

Joe2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Immigration and Islam are significant in the media at the moment. With the UK having more Muslim immigrants than ever, and rumours that the UK will be a majority Muslim country in around 3 or 4 decades time, alongside the possibility that Britain could be under Sharia Law.

Do you think there is a chance of this happening? It would break my heart if it did and I would leave the country.

What would you do?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It won’t so it’s not something I consider.
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Lovely fear mongering.
drsfgdg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
Immigration and Islam are significant in the media at the moment. With the UK having more Muslim immigrants than ever, and rumours that the UK will be a majority Muslim country in around 3 or 4 decades time, alongside the possibility that Britain could be under Sharia Law.

Do you think there is a chance of this happening? It would break my heart if it did and I would leave the country.

What would you do?
I'd hate it but I'd just leave, probably to America (if I could get in). Although I can't see how this would happen realistically
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
Lovely fear mongering.
I'm scared for my rights if it does happen. I've been in one Muslim country in my life and never again.
justanotherchica
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by drsfgdg)
I'd hate it but I'd just leave, probably to America (if I could get in). Although I can't see how this would happen realistically
yup to guns and faulty healthcare
canadas your best bet tbh
drsfgdg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
yup to guns and faulty healthcare
canadas your best bet tbh
Yeah that would be nice too. Basically any English speaking place, I'm not fussed/
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Very few muslims are actually practising by the 3rd generation, I would guess from my Secondary School muslim friends to what I see on snapchat now, less than 33% are still fully practicing, the rest are just cultural muslims
username4094562
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

What would you do?
No. This is not going to happen. Muslims make up less than 5% of the population. You can relax and go back to eating your gammon, without worrying about the fact that it will be eradicated and replaced with kebabs instead.
haseeb_jarral
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by hannah00)
Very few muslims are actually practising by the 3rd generation, I would guess from my Secondary School muslim friends to what I see on snapchat now, less than 33% are still fully practicing, the rest are just cultural muslims
I agree...
If this is the case now, 3-4 decades is a long time
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
how to cause controversy 101
Pakora99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Any new laws have to be signed off by the queen, so even if we elected a muslim PM supporting sharia law how will the queen support it
Also I highly doubt muslim population will grow to that extent
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'll cry.
s.a.u
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You seriously have a screw loose.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Not Happy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

What would you do?
There will be a uprising before it got to that stage
thatmememachine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It won't. I'm a Muslim and I can't see this happening. Pointless question.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Move.
HighOnGoofballs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The Muslim population is currently no more than 8.5% in the UK.

Attempts to overstate such a number and pretending it would reach more than 50% is no more than faulty scaremongering.

However, if the hypothetical situation ever arose, I'd be in Australia long before it ever happened.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
"rumours" yes very scientific. There are also rumours that the Her Majesty et al. are also lizards in disguise.

But to humor you I wouldnt care, as such, I would be interested in whether it would be Sunni or Shia though.
Luke7456
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
if you look at the immigration figures and the rates of growth this strongly suggest this will happen. I accept the possibility that these figures may not continue and may slow etc however I think anyone who thinks logically about this and actually looks at the numbers realises this is a strong possibility.

I do not intend to stay for this by that point we may not have the option to get out anyway. I intend to leave this country before that eventuality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads