The Student Room Group

who here is good at geography please help me

1)Explain how deforestation can have economic impacts. (6)

2)Explain the formation of a floodplain. (4)

3) "The causes of river flooding are usually the result of human factors" Agree and Disagree and explain. (6)

4)Explain why there are inequalities in health in urban areas. (6)

5)To what extent has urban change created opportunities in a UK city you've studied; (Stratford). (9)

6)Outline one opportunity created by the changing demand for food in the UK. (3)

7)Explain Water Transfer Schemes and how they help manage water sustainably. (6)

8)Use an example from an LIC/NEE to explain how local strategies are being used to increase sustainable supplies of water. (6)

9)Define:

Malnourishment
Water Transfer Scheme
Levee
Urban Growth

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vapeboi
1)Explain how deforestation can have economic impacts. (6)

2)Explain the formation of a floodplain. (4)

3) "The causes of river flooding are usually the result of human factors" Agree and Disagree and explain. (6)

4)Explain why there are inequalities in health in urban areas. (6)

5)To what extent has urban change created opportunities in a UK city you've studied; (Stratford). (9)

6)Outline one opportunity created by the changing demand for food in the UK. (3)

7)Explain Water Transfer Schemes and how they help manage water sustainably. (6)

8)Use an example from an LIC/NEE to explain how local strategies are being used to increase sustainable supplies of water. (6)

9)Define:

Malnourishment
Water Transfer Scheme
Levee
Urban Growth

I thought you were in Yr 11?
Reply 2
Original post by Kangaroo17
I thought you were in Yr 11?

when...
And btw, this isn't a site for homework helpers. Do it your self.
If you want help, ask a teacher or ask for help on the topic.
Reply 4
And btw, this isn't a site for homework helpers. Do it your self.
If you want help, ask a teacher or ask for help on the topic.

ok thank you for very intellectual response have a good day.
Original post by vapeboi
ok thank you for very intellectual response have a good day.

Your welcome. now do it yourself.
Otherwise you'll be going against the intellectual
Reply 6
Your welcome. now do it yourself.
Otherwise you'll be going against the intellectual

duly noted.
Do you have an exam tomorrow or something?
Reply 8
Original post by great guy
Do you have an exam tomorrow or something?

yepo.
Original post by vapeboi
yepo.

GCSE exam?
Reply 10
GCSE exam?

noo; just a stupid midterm
Original post by vapeboi
noo; just a stupid midterm

I know this isn't helpful...but as a guy who got 12A*....it is better you do it yourself. The internet and your textbook has all the answer you need.
Lazy t w a t
Reply 13
I know this isn't helpful...but as a guy who got 12A*....it is better you do it yourself. The internet and your textbook has all the answer you need.

alright
Google the questions then follow it with “mark scheme” and you’ll have bullet point answers x
Original post by ninjaliv
Google the questions then follow it with “mark scheme” and you’ll have bullet point answers x

True. Like what Thanos says..."I will do it myself"
Original post by vapeboi
alright

I feel sorry for you guys since you are doing the new GCSE.
deforestation creates space for intensive farming, agriculture etc; this can economically benefit farmers etc. the trees cut down can be turned into other materials which are likely to be utilised by the community- another economic benefit.
however the cutting down of trees can also harm the nutrient cycle and mean that certain plants do not grow- if these plants are needed by people in the area and there's less of them then their cost is likely to rise. you can also talk about how the trees intercept water- less of them means less interception thus leads to an increased risk in flooding which could be a negative economic effect.

most of these questions you should be fine with answering if you use your brain and know the facts:yep: (moved to the geography forum)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by entertainmyfaith
deforestation creates space for intensive farming, agriculture etc; this can economically benefit farmers etc. the trees cut down can be turned into other materials which are likely to be utilised by the community- another economic benefit.
however the cutting down of trees can also harm the nutrient cycle and mean that certain plants do not grow- if these plants are needed by people in the area and there's less of them then their cost is likely to rise. you can also talk about how the trees intercept water- less of them means less interception thus leads to an increased risk in flooding which could be a negative economic effect.

most of these questions you should be fine with answering if you use your brain and know the facts:yep: (moved to the geography forum)

lord have mercy thank you.
Original post by vapeboi
lord have mercy thank you.

no problem:smile: sorry, i only did the one question (i'm ready to sleep), i might try to tackle the others tomorrow but your test is tomorrow so:dontknow: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest