The Student Room Group

Is it ok to answer multiple choice by colouring the boxes

I recently finished my GCSE exams And am now in the middle of the summer holidays, I just started to think about the exams and how I answered every multiple choice question by colouring in the the box instead of ticking it. Now I am concerned about whether this will lose me marks or won’t be marked at all. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this and If it will end up in me loosing marks for this or not. Please can anyone help me answer this question
Certainly some of the exams insisted on colouring it in rather than ticking. If it's marked by a computer then they could be problems initially, but when the computer comes up with an error, it would be marked by hand. If it's marked by hand as long as it's clear which one you meant to put then it will be no problem at all :smile:
The exam paper will be scanned and multiple choice questions are likely to be marked by the computer to save time. I expect the computer just checks each box for markings and takes the one with ink in to be the selected answer. If the computer isn't sure then it will send it to be checked by someone. It should be fine. :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest