The Student Room Group

Writing a book

So, i'm thinking of writing a book about eating disorders in sport. Does anyone have any questions/topics they think would be good and that people would want to know?
ballet was the first thing that came to mind, as there's quite a lot of pressure to be a certain shape in order to fit standards of elegance. it's a sport for which there are a few anecdotes from people previously with eating disorders, which can be found relatively easily and may indeed be useful.

i'm not too aware of others at this very point, though :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
ballet was the first thing that came to mind, as there's quite a lot of pressure to be a certain shape in order to fit standards of elegance. it's a sport for which there are a few anecdotes from people previously with eating disorders, which can be found relatively easily and may indeed be useful.

i'm not too aware of others at this very point, though :redface:

Reply 3
modelling would definitely be a good point. u might start off feeling very beautiful and self confident and eventually go into a rabbit hole of body dysmorphia due to expectations.

or even someone chubby becoming healthy to the point of it being obsessive (ie orthorexia)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending