The Student Room Group

Summer Jobs?

I've been trying to get a job for this summer before going to university in October however i'm finding it quite hard to get just a temporary job. I've had two job interviews (just retail places) and both of them went well until they asked about future plans and said they wanted someone more permanent. Any tips?
Original post by Stresspot262
I've been trying to get a job for this summer before going to university in October however i'm finding it quite hard to get just a temporary job. I've had two job interviews (just retail places) and both of them went well until they asked about future plans and said they wanted someone more permanent. Any tips?

You should look for positions that are fixed that suit you. For example, weekend sale assistant could suit you and the company. Choose wisely what you pick.

Which retail places your had interviews at?
Original post by randomaccount124
You should look for positions that are fixed that suit you. For example, weekend sale assistant could suit you and the company. Choose wisely what you pick.

Yeah, one of them was for weekend, I guess to be fair to them if you're going to uni soon they'd only get about 15 weekends. It just makes it hard to find a job
Original post by Luke5125
Which retail places your had interviews at?

One was just a local shop and the other was a BP garage
what city are you in because i have jobs within london that are part time
One was just a local shop and the other was a BP garage

I know a mate who used to work at BP, she found it quite fun. But she said that you got some very rude and sometimes aggressive customers
Reply 7
Original post by Mathswizard789

I've also found it difficult to find a summer job nearly finished year 12
Original post by Mathswizard789

I just live in a small town in the midlands which probably doesn't help

Quick Reply

Latest