The Student Room Group

Is Homosexuality Allowed In Heaven (Jannah)?

Hi guys.. Anyone is welcome to answer if they have the answer, but serious answers please guys :smile: (Answer the 2 questions I listed below please, thanks a lot!)

So I've been thinking a lot about this topic lately. As Muslims, we believe a lot of things that are forbidden are actually a test from Allah/God. E.g. Alcohol, if we refrain from it now, we are promised rivers of wine in Heaven (Jannah).

1. So does this mean that homosexuality is allowed in Heaven if we refrain from it?

E.g. I'm a gay Muslim guy who's 100% attracted to males only. If I never act on my feelings, will I be allowed to be with a guy in Heaven?

Now the second question is this: I found this online [see below] and the last part really made me think:

2. IF homosexuality is not allowed in Heaven, then my interests will automatically change to feel attraction for the opposite sex in Heaven? Isn't this a radical change in a person's interests perceived as a radical change in that person which raises the question: who is actually entering heaven? (Since that person won't actually be ME because ME is attracted to guys?)

The Qur'an says:
Circulated among them will be plates and vessels of gold. And therein is whatever the souls desire and [what] delights the eyes, and you will abide therein eternally.
Qur'an 43:71
There may be exceptions to this (e.g., if someone desires something against Allah's will), or Allah may have instead designed heaven so that these exceptions do not arise.
The Qur'an also talks about drinking non-intoxicating wine in heaven (IslamWeb), e.g.:
They will exchange with one another a cup [of wine] wherein [results] no ill speech or commission of sin.
Qur'an 52:23
So the worldly problems with wine do not apply to the form of wine available in heaven. It's thus plausible that the worldly problems with homosexuality analogously don't apply in heaven.
However, drinking wine is not considered wholly bad (...great sin and [yet, some] benefit... Qur'an 2:219), which distinguishes it from homosexuality. Moreover, non-alcoholic wine is sometimes considered halal by scholars (e.g. ...any drink that does not cause intoxication ... is not deemed to be haraam... Islam Q&A). Thus, the applicability of the "wine in heaven" analogy is questionable.
Maybe not...

It's also plausible that homosexuality does not take place in heaven. This seems logical, since homosexuality is described in the Qur'an as "transgressing":
And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.
Qur'an 26:166
In this context, presumably homosexual interests will become something else, such as towards straight intercourse (IslamWeb), or something else.
(At a philosophical level, such a radical change in a person's interests would be perceived as a radical change in that person. It raises the question: who is actually entering heaven? This gets too far away from the posed question.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe the wine is non-alcoholic?
Let’s face it, it would be quicker to list what isn’t forbidden in Islam.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys.. Anyone is welcome to answer if they have the answer, but serious answers please guys :smile: (Answer the 2 questions I listed below please, thanks a lot!)

So I've been thinking a lot about this topic lately. As Muslims, we believe a lot of things that are forbidden are actually a test from Allah/God. E.g. Alcohol, if we refrain from it now, we are promised rivers of wine in Heaven (Jannah).

1. So does this mean that homosexuality is allowed in Heaven if we refrain from it?

E.g. I'm a gay Muslim guy who's 100% attracted to males only. If I never act on my feelings, will I be allowed to be with a guy in Heaven?

Now the second question is this: I found this online [see below] and the last part really made me think:

2. IF homosexuality is not allowed in Heaven, then my interests will automatically change to feel attraction for the opposite sex in Heaven? Isn't this a radical change in a person's interests perceived as a radical change in that person which raises the question: who is actually entering heaven? (Since that person won't actually be ME because ME is attracted to guys?)

The Qur'an says:
Circulated among them will be plates and vessels of gold. And therein is whatever the souls desire and [what] delights the eyes, and you will abide therein eternally.
There may be exceptions to this (e.g., if someone desires something against Allah's will), or Allah may have instead designed heaven so that these exceptions do not arise.
The Qur'an also talks about drinking non-intoxicating wine in heaven (IslamWeb), e.g.:
They will exchange with one another a cup [of wine] wherein [results] no ill speech or commission of sin.
So the worldly problems with wine do not apply to the form of wine available in heaven. It's thus plausible that the worldly problems with homosexuality analogously don't apply in heaven.
However, drinking wine is not considered wholly bad (...great sin and [yet, some] benefit... Qur'an 2:219), which distinguishes it from homosexuality. Moreover, non-alcoholic wine is sometimes considered halal by scholars (e.g. ...any drink that does not cause intoxication ... is not deemed to be haraam... Islam Q&A). Thus, the applicability of the "wine in heaven" analogy is questionable.
Maybe not...

It's also plausible that homosexuality does not take place in heaven. This seems logical, since homosexuality is described in the Qur'an as "transgressing":
And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.
In this context, presumably homosexual interests will become something else, such as towards straight intercourse (IslamWeb), or something else.
(At a philosophical level, such a radical change in a person's interests would be perceived as a radical change in that person. It raises the question: who is actually entering heaven? This gets too far away from the posed question.)
If your idea of heaven is anything like the Christian one, you won't want/need to be with anyone, you'd be asexual along with everyone else.
Heaven doesn't exist.If you want to be screw the same sex the time to do it is here and now.Not when you are dead and cant feel a thing.Likewise for alcohol.
Reply 5
Thanks for the answers guys.. I expected more answers to be honest :frown:
Reply 6
bump
Reply 7
guess no one knows
Thanks for the answers guys.. I expected more answers to be honest :frown:

Not that many gullible people on TSR, I guess.
I'm Male muslim gay and only attracted to mens. I don't know much about this topic but I'd love to know more.
I’ve always wondered this about religions- can you ‘sin’ in heaven without punishment? I’m not Muslim so I can’t answer but I’m interested to see what people think, it’s quite interesting :smile:
Allah will change your heart you will only love a women . When you see their beauty you want need a man . Homosexuality doesn't exist in Jannah
Reply 12

The Qur'an says:
Maybe not...

___

Re your questions, the person entering Heaven WOULD DEFINITELY BE YOU. Have a look at Omar Suliman's beginning and the end series. I've included a link below.

But when a believer enters Heaven we'll enter it in our purified state. Physically we'll be different, the soul will be a purified soul that enters heaven. It will be your true self.

_____

Can I just add my two cents here? I am a practising Muslim.

To be clear here, in this world/ Dunya life, you are not held accountable for your desires, but you are held accountable for ACTING on those.
If you do feel inclined towards the same gender, and you abstain from acting on your desires, purely because you fear Allah and hope for his reward, and His pleasure, then BOY have you fulfilled your purpose! You've achieved PRO LEVEL 1 MILLION! and I tip my hat to you. YOU will be rewarded by Allah, in a way that befits his majesty.

To that same vain if you are inclined towards the opposite gender, and you don't have a nikah with them, and you abstain from acting on your desires purely because you fear Allah and hope for his reward and his pleasure, then again you've fulfilled your purpose, and will be rewarded by Allah, in a way that befits his majesty.

That's the whole point of this life, is to control your desires (your nafs) so that your ACTIONS are in line with Allah's rules. In return, he'll reward you in ways you or I can never even fathom, and you will be pleased, AND you will be satisfied. That is a guarantee Allah gives in the Quraan.

Also can I bring your attention to a really important principle in Islam that's often overlooked. Having 'Husn-Thunz Billah'. Omar Suleiman has some of the most amazing youtube videos on this concept that I'd encourage you to have a look at. In Islam, we are encouraged to have a positive view of Allah. Assume well of Allah, see him in as best of a light as humanly possible. Allah says 'I am what my servant expects of me', so we have an obligation on us to make sure that we are thinking well of Allah. Also in forming that opinion of Allah, I've found reading the Quraan in English really helps solidify my understanding of him. I'm always amazed at how many times it says Allah is the Most Merciful.

This is the translation I'd recommend: The Qur'an - Oxford World's Classics M. A Abdel Haleem'

Loved this The Beginning and the End with Omar Suleiman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHijfGK-Tk4

Hope my two cents add some food for thought/value.
Interesting! Also just wanted to clarify: sex is definitely allowed in Jannah and is said to be much more pleasureable than on Earth and you are allowed to have multiple partners so who knows maybe homosexuality will be allowed too? Only Allah knows
Reply 14
Im in two minds about this
I think it should be allowed since youve worked so hard to hold a desire in you shpuld get it in paradise especially since the appeal of jannah is that you get whatever you want.
However, being gay is treated as though its a test in islam and that you should be able to supress it. So when you go to jannah since ur in paradise maybe allah will take that “test“ off you and wont be gay all of a sudden. Cos we are told allah takes worldy weights like anger jealousy sadness and ither things that were worldy tests away. So i really donf know it could go either way tbh
why don't you ask someone like Sheikh or Emam or something ( I don't know what you call them)... they definitely know more than you and people here about religion and you will get a better answer...
Original post by Mahmoud Magdy
why don't you ask someone like Sheikh or Emam or something ( I don't know what you call them)... they definitely know more than you and people here about religion and you will get a better answer...

Don't be ridiculous. There is no credible evidence for any religion - that's why there are so many. No person can claim to know more about any religion than anyone else. The god(s) are suspiciously quiet.
Reply 17
Its not. Islam even actively promises men gorgeous women with big eyes tht are there to please them.
Original post by RogerOxon
Don't be ridiculous. There is no credible evidence for any religion - that's why there are so many. No person can claim to know more about any religion than anyone else. The god(s) are suspiciously quiet.

Indeed.
Actually the description of heaven in Islam is so infantile, it ridicules the whole religion.
Reply 19
Original post by RogerOxon

You can be knowledgable about a particular set of religions without needing to believe in religious dogma. My R.E teacher was an atheist, for example.

Latest

Trending

Trending