Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im 16 years old and have never had a boyfriend. My secondary school was an all girls school so I haven’t really got any boy mates. In September I’m going to a mixed sixthform and I’m worried I won’t make any boy mates, do you think I will? Also is it normal that I have never had a boyfriend ( all my friends have) will I ever find someone who likes me? Please can someone respond ASAP! X
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im 16 years old and have never had a boyfriend. My secondary school was an all girls school so I haven’t really got any boy mates. In September I’m going to a mixed sixthform and I’m worried I won’t make any boy mates, do you think I will? Also is it normal that I have never had a boyfriend ( all my friends have) will I ever find someone who likes me? Please can someone respond ASAP! X
Don’t worry. I knew plenty of people who were shy and wasn’t sure about making friends with the opposite sex. Now they are surrounded by all kinds of people. Just don’t be afraid. Be yourself.
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 16 and never had a girlfriend. I don't know if it's normal (but I know it's not nice to not have a partner)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't matter. I don't know how common it is. I don't know if relationships at that age last (I mean, you either marry or break up) and I've never cared because it doesn't matter.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I'm 16, and I've never had a girlfriend, and I know lots of people in my class who don't have boyfriends or girlfriends, it's totally normal. Don't worry.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're forgetting that you have all of university and the rest of your working life to meet people. You're only 16, of course it is normal to be single.
Rachelle317
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're perfectly normal, trust me. I've been at an all girls school for the past six years (I'm seventeen), and I while I know guys, I wouldn't call any of them a close friend. The thing is, that's quite typical where I am. In terms of having a boyfriend, it's completely okay to not have dated up to the age of sixteen. Very few of my friends had at that point, and those that were in relationships weren't in them for very long. In the end you might think it better to have had to wait longer for your first relationship, as you will have gained a level of maturity that will hopefully make that relationship more rewarding and long-lasting.When moving school next year remember that it takes a long time to settle in - up to six months to really feel at home. Even then, a lot of your close friends will still be girls. You won't find it hard to get to know the boys though, so don't worry about that - my only piece of advice would be to not treat them like aliens - boys are people too! I strongly suggest that you don't go into sixth form with the intention of getting a boyfriend: go with an open mind, intending to make friends, and things will work out fine for you.Hope that helps!
oneflewovertcn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're completely normal. I'm 20 and have never had a boyfriend. I'm normal looking with a decent social life, etc. It's much better to wait past the awkward teenage stage, because no-one who got into a relationship when I was 16 is still in one today. Although I'd like a boyfriend, I'm quite happy to wait for the right person to come along rather than join tinder for a quick sh*g because I'm desperate.
baileyf14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There is noo certain age where you HAVE to have a boyfriend. Sometimes, the best relationships take time to form. It is totally normal that you have not had a boyfriend yet. Waiting until the right person comes along is the right thing to do in my opinion. Making friends is tough sometimes but you will overcome it and make the best friends you have ever had at your new school! I hope it all goes well
nemofoot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a 16 year old guy who goes to a mixed school and I've never had a girlfriend. It's normal though, don't worry about it at all.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm suprised that single sex schools continued to exist after the 19th century
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads