Received a call offering training and work experience ,accounting ,sage Watch

username1750501
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Dear fellow members,

I'm looking for some advice here as im currently looking for opportunity to start working in accounting/finance sector.

After applying to many positions through various sites, i received a phonecal from milton row company interviewing me and offering me a training if i will be successful in interview with senior manager towmorrow.

https://www.royalaccounts.com

they offered training in sage 50 ,sage 50 payroll and MS Excel. It costs over 900 pounds. The also offered work experience and the lady strongly suggested work placement will be available after completing the course.

The thing is after reading through brochures they sent me, closest thing to any type of assurance i found was something like 'our experts do their best to win you interview opportunities'

also sage 50 is used by 90% of companies..

if the most important thing for me is job position should i ask/require some form of work contract or assurance on paper ?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why does it feel like this is an ad..?
username1750501
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Why does it feel like this is an ad..?
because i gave link to their website?

dont know, i tried to include as many details as i could from my conversation, this is a lot of money and time and i prefer to know if this is worth it
maybe someone had some experience with them ?
AnonyNoddy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're taking you for a mug, they have zero obligation to help secure you work experience and a job. The software you've listed are obviously some of the most popular used, I'm sure you can self teach yourself with books and videos.
username1750501
Rep:
?
thanks for reply
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by abyz)
Dear fellow members,
also sage 50 is used by 90% of companies..
No it isnt - if they told you that they are dishonest.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I don't think SAGE use is what it was....and you can get trained in it or any accounts package for a hell of a lot less than that, they're 'offering' you to pay 900 for training IF you pass an interview? Sounds like they're just wanting to see what sort of mug you are.

EDIT _ I had a wee look at therm and they do look pretty shifty, they sound more like they're trying to sell webhosting or some such, I've worked for several big Glasgow money places in past (KPMG, E&Y, NSB & ACCA) and never heard of them once, also their address in W Geroge Street Glasgow is a mailbox/rent a room service, sharing space with such heavy hitters as 'Dance666'
username1750501
Rep:
?
yes it is just scam, i had my suspicion right from the start but the situation im in made want to 'have faith' or something, i guess..
the number they called me from was hidden and yes the company supposed to have "very strict" criteria in selecting candidates ,after training work experience - unpaid , and then i can start earning from 25,000 up... but there are already people here who have trouble even getting certification for passed exams after spending over 1000 pounds
LSE_student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DO. NOT. DO. IT! Most companies now use Sage 100, 200 and even 500. Sage 50 is an old software.
___faizal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Honestly the worst experience I've ever had with a company.

At first they are very friendly and welcoming ensuring you will receive an excellent package. They even give you direct contact with a manager at Milton Row to sell you their "wonderful package with work experience". Up until you pay them large sums of money the change is evident.

You will soon come to know it is all a lie. They don't respond to you often. The online training is basic and you are unlikely to complete any exams without paying extra money. You will never actually get round to the work experience. They also ensure you they will support you to find jobs but they don't whatsoever. Horrible customer service. Very rude.

When you try to claim a refund within the cooling off period they will make up any excuse possible to avoid refunding you.

There is a lot of fake reviews but 100% avoid this company.
Sumia Mirza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received many months ago I didn't like the notes and their self study programs where they send you all the notes you have to sit at home read and have to pass sage exam,payroll, and excel on your own reading that notes. I didn't like could not do that and want my money back after struggle of 5months . I don't know whether they will give me my money back or will put me in trouble by making lame excuses let's see. If you are plenty good in self studies then go for it
DrBin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received something similar. They said if I give them £300 they'd have a senior accountant give me work experience by sending me small projects like reconciliations and processing transactions for 3 months whilst giving me a sage qualification. Then after a few months theyd recommend me to their trusted partners.

BS. I am not paying for their privilege to do their work for them and a qualification I can get for a fraction of the price elsewhere - except I already have a sage qualification. hung up the phone and blocked them.

If you want a training package for accounting software - look on reed training and find one on discount. common ones are sage, quickbooks, xero etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)