Blocked ear Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I saw my doctor yesterday and she could see I had a blocked ear with wax. I used some drops last night and today so know it takes a while to work. How long will it take for the ear to clear with the drops? It is not helping my anxiety.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should be able to clear it out with cotton buds now. The drops break the wax down so it’s easier to clear out.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had to use the drops every day for 2 weeks.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I saw my doctor yesterday and she could see I had a blocked ear with wax. I used some drops last night and today so know it takes a while to work. How long will it take for the ear to clear with the drops? It is not helping my anxiety.
The drops should have instructions on the pack. I believe it's to use them for a couple of days and then gently clean your ears out with water if necessary. You can do that by pouring a bit of warm-ish water in your ear or by using a home syringing kit.

Please avoid using cotton buds in your ears as it pushes the wax further into your ear making you more at risk of blockages and it also puts you more at risk of damage or infection. Worst case scenario you could end up damaging your ear drum and permanently affecting your hearing. Things are not meant to go in your ear.

Assuming your blockage isn't super significant you should hopefully notice improvement just after using the drops a couple of times. Make sure you use them as described on the pack including tilting your head so it has more time to soften the wax.
No need to worry. It may take a couple of days or maybe a week or so to clear up, but it's not doing any harm so just wait and see. If things haven't improved by the time you've finished your drops call your drs surgery and they can help you.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If it don't come out itself syringing may be needed. It's warm water it's tingly but out comes the wax. I had it done.

Cerumol or something ear drops
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ProRoadman)
You should be able to clear it out with cotton buds now. The drops break the wax down so it’s easier to clear out.
Not supposed to use them they force wax in further apparently
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
UncertainCertain
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When my ears were blocked recently, I used the drops and left them in my ear 10 mins at a time! I used my finger to press lightly on the outside of my ear, to move it around. I could feel like a bubbling sensation! You can also use warmed olive oil. Took mine about a week to clear up
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Ask to get them vacuumed. I had it done it worked great and everything sounds much better after. Also, I was told by the person doing it that cotton buds can make it worse and damage your ears.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads