International Baccalaureate Results Day 6th July 2018 Chat Thread Watch

wolfmoon88
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rohan77642)
Just got my results!
42 total with 7,7,7 in maths, physics, chem HL.
A in math EE and B in TOK.
6,6,6 in english lang and lit sl, econ sl, and german ab initio.
Congratulations great results especially your HLs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rohan77642
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MagicalMedic)
I just got my results: 43 total! One off of my predicted, but soooo happy!

7s in my HLs
two 7s in my SLs and one 6
2 core points!
Yo thats amazing man. Congrats.
Rohan77642
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Congratulations great results especially your HLs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much. Appreciate it . Just glad I can go to warwick and get started with doing some real maths hahaha.
Rohan77642
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by EleaGR)
Just heard from our IB coordinator... My daughter got 45! Hello, Imperial! 😊

Wish everyone the best possible outcome!
Your daughter is a legend.
Sailin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just got my results!

43 in total
7s in my HLs (chem, bio, English B)
7, 6, 6 in maths, Chinese A, and history in that order
As for biology EE and TOK

I am really shocked by my history score though, as the moderated score is quite a bit lower than the boundary for 7. I'm so happy about that A in biology EE as it had been my major source of anxiety for nearly a year.

However, as a reapplicant for medicine 2019 I'm super worried, since it was actually one point lower than my PG. Would appreciate any advice or thoughts.
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your daughter is a legend.

Ha, ha, ha!!! Thank you Rohan77642! I wish!!! Can you be a legend and get rejected from Cambridge?

Hopefully, she will become one! I'm counting on her to save this world from at least a couple of diseases!!! LOL! I'm a proud mom and I can brag a little bit, can't I???

Congratulations on your achievements! You got great results! I wish you all the best in Warwick!
wolfmoon88
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sailin)
I just got my results!

43 in total

I am really shocked by my history score though, as the moderated score is quite a bit lower than the boundary for 7. I'm so happy about that A in biology EE as it had been my major source of anxiety for nearly a year.

However, as a reapplicant for medicine 2019 I'm super worried, since it was actually one point lower than my PG. Would appreciate any advice or thoughts.
Your grades are excellent Congratulations! I would think your grades wouldn't be the issue; Focus on interview prep and doing well on admissions test :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shrey_Saxon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Screwed up real bad...got a 6 in most of my classes tho I missed by a point in Spanish SL Econ HL and CS HL and missed by 3 points in math...I'm considering remarking all 4 of them...what do you guys think?
Missradioactive
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have a passionate liking for any results day thread... probably that's why I came here, in this IB results day thread, when I'm just awaiting my IGCSE results and starting AS level
wolfmoon88
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Shrey_Saxon)
Screwed up real bad...got a 6 in most of my classes tho I missed by a point in Spanish SL Econ HL and CS HL and missed by 3 points in math...I'm considering remarking all 4 of them...what do you guys think?
Remarking for maths is not recommended if you miss by more than a mark. Other subjects should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dyscopia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Definitely no more excuses Start taking candid photos :lol:

Yeah that's a really long time... so much will change by then :moon:

Very excited :woo: waiting on accom decisions and such

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna step up my Insta game now Who knows maybe I'll just become instafamous and drop out of med school all together! :P

It's scary. Can't even imagine what it'll be like, but I'm excited!

Yay! That's good. Really, truly happy for you man
Dyscopia
Rep:
?
Yo thats amazing man. Congrats.

Thank you! And congrats on your 42!! Amazing Chemistry HL was hell this year eh?

I just got my results!

43 in total

Hi there!
First of all, congratulations!

I got your score, but slightly different distribution (777HL 776SL 2 core), and I had your HLs (Bio, chem, lang B). Had the same predicted grades as you (44), and dropped one from my predicted.

Firstly, I wouldn't worry much - in fact, I wouldn't worry at all! You have *achieved* an amazing score of 43, which is WAY above what most medical schools in the UK require. This puts you in a very comfortable position for the 2019 cycle.
Secondly, it's important you do well in the UKCAT (650+ ideally), and/or in the BMAT, as that's a very important part of your application. Yes, the grades will get you some advantage over other applicants, but there's other aspects you need to be amazing at.
Thirdly, look at schools which "favour" post-results students, such as Exeter. In Exeter with the equivalent of A*A*A* achieved you're in "Band 1" for interviews, and you basically get an interview regardless of your UKCAT.

Don't worry, you did so, so well. And I wish you the best of luck as a fellow medic
Rohan77642
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you! And congrats on your 42!! Amazing Chemistry HL was hell this year eh?

Yeah man. By the time I reached the last two questions on paper 2 I was like I give up and I honestly never expected to get a 7 in chemistry. Similarly, Physics was also hard this year and after paper 1 I also never expected a 7. I was not worried because I needed 6's in chem and physics for my Warwick offer and at the end of day I am just happy that I can go to Warwick and start studying some real maths .

After working consistently for the past 2 years and then travelling the world after the exams for the first time since yesterday have I actually started to feel extremely bored hahaha. Any advice on what to do to keep myself occupied till October, because I am literally just staring at my phone the whole day and it is driving me crazy hahaha.
Rohan77642
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by EleaGR)
Ha, ha, ha!!! Thank you Rohan77642! I wish!!! Can you be a legend and get rejected from Cambridge?

Hopefully, she will become one! I'm counting on her to save this world from at least a couple of diseases!!! LOL! I'm a proud mom and I can brag a little bit, can't I???

Congratulations on your achievements! You got great results! I wish you all the best in Warwick!
You have the all the rights in the world to brag endlessly about your daughter. She will do great things and well cambridge just missed out on a legend .

Now its hightime you and your daughter celebrate these amazing achievements hahahaha.
biomed99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just got my results!

43 in total

Hey! Another Medicine reapplicant here (despite my name lol) ))) I got 45 points and I'm amazed at SL History and HL Chem as well tbh because I found both really hard! 43 is a great score and I'm sure any medical school will be glad to take you Just got to smash the UKCAT/BMAT now!!! good luck!
Sailin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your grades are excellent Congratulations! I would think your grades wouldn't be the issue; Focus on interview prep and doing well on admissions test :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!

Hi there!
First of all, congratulations!

I got your score, but slightly different distribution (777HL 776SL 2 core), and I had your HLs (Bio, chem, lang B). Had the same predicted grades as you (44), and dropped one from my predicted.

Firstly, I wouldn't worry much - in fact, I wouldn't worry at all! You have *achieved* an amazing score of 43, which is WAY above what most medical schools in the UK require. This puts you in a very comfortable position for the 2019 cycle.
Secondly, it's important you do well in the UKCAT (650+ ideally), and/or in the BMAT, as that's a very important part of your application. Yes, the grades will get you some advantage over other applicants, but there's other aspects you need to be amazing at.
Thirdly, look at schools which "favour" post-results students, such as Exeter. In Exeter with the equivalent of A*A*A* achieved you're in "Band 1" for interviews, and you basically get an interview regardless of your UKCAT.

Don't worry, you did so, so well. And I wish you the best of luck as a fellow medic
Thank you for th advice! Last year I got 800+ for ukcat and the BMAT was sufficient to meet the Oxford cut-off for international applicants. But then I screwed up the interviews really badly as I spent way too much time agonising over the EE ugh. It's just that when nothing's certain you'd want everthing to be ideal, hence my worry. Thanks again and best of luck with your studies in med school!
Sailin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by biomed99)
Hey! Another Medicine reapplicant here (despite my name lol) ))) I got 45 points and I'm amazed at SL History and HL Chem as well tbh because I found both really hard! 43 is a great score and I'm sure any medical school will be glad to take you Just got to smash the UKCAT/BMAT now!!! good luck!
Hi! You did a great job and congratulations for getting 45! I could literally feel that my heart stopped for a second when I read History P1. Sorry for being nosy but may I ask if you got any med school offers this year? Good luck with the 2018/19 cycle and I'm sure you'll have a very strong application!
Dyscopia
Rep:
?
Yeah man. By the time I reached the last two questions on paper 2 I was like I give up and I honestly never expected to get a 7 in chemistry. Similarly, Physics was also hard this year and after paper 1 I also never expected a 7. I was not worried because I needed 6's in chem and physics for my Warwick offer and at the end of day I am just happy that I can go to Warwick and start studying some real maths .

After working consistently for the past 2 years and then travelling the world after the exams for the first time since yesterday have I actually started to feel extremely bored hahaha. Any advice on what to do to keep myself occupied till October, because I am literally just staring at my phone the whole day and it is driving me crazy hahaha.
Same, chemistry was a shocker for me. I was afraid of paper 2 so so much haha. We've made it though!

Personally, I've done the same - travelled and just watched shows. Right now I'm getting back into photography and photoshop, and I'm learning the sign language. Really recommend something more "abstract" as a hobby, because it really draws you in!
Other than that, I think getting outside and getting into exercise works well (can't tell you anything about this because I am the most unfit person haha).
Where are you going for uni?

Thank you for th advice! Last year I got 800+ for ukcat and the BMAT was sufficient to meet the Oxford cut-off for international applicants. But then I screwed up the interviews really badly as I spent way too much time agonising over the EE ugh. It's just that when nothing's certain you'd want everthing to be ideal, hence my worry. Thanks again and best of luck with your studies in med school!
800 UKCAT definitely is a killer! Wishing you the best of luck then - you really deserve it!

Thank you! Really excited and can't wait to start this new path If you decide to go to Leicester we might see each other haha
ER2018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know how and if you can check the scores you got for individual assessments??

Also, congrats everyone!
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ER2018)
Does anyone know how and if you can check the scores you got for individual assessments??

Also, congrats everyone!
Teachers get access to individual paper and IA scores at the start of next week. I'm not sure if students do too, but if not get in touch with your IB co-ordinator or individual teachers and they should be able to guide you.

EDIT: Teachers do now have paper by paper breakdowns of your marks (or at least I do) plus all grade boundaries. So ask away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (215)
21.89%
The paper was reasonable (424)
43.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (190)
19.35%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.58%

Watched Threads