ihelpu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Changing Universities in first year from the University of Newcastle to something like the University of Nottingham? Do they still take a look at your A-Levels or is the focus entirely on your first year's academic performance?
ihelpu
Rep:
?
:bump:
s.a.u
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think they look at both. At least when I tried to transfer in first year for second year somewhere else they did. I didn’t end up doing it because the places that gave me offers wanted me to start from first year. Still my A Levels were a lot lower than their requirements, so maybe that’s an option if you don’t mind an extra year of uni?
ihelpu
Rep:
?
(Original post by s.a.u)
I think they look at both. At least when I tried to transfer in first year for second year somewhere else they did. I didn’t end up doing it because the places that gave me offers wanted me to start from first year. Still my A Levels were a lot lower than their requirements, so maybe that’s an option if you don’t mind an extra year of uni?
Thanks for the reply! If you dont mind me asking, which uni did you plan on transferring to?
s.a.u
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ihelpu)
Thanks for the reply! If you dont mind me asking, which uni did you plan on transferring to?
I was trying to transfer from Essex to elsewhere. Applied to Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Manchester (this one was for a wildly different course). Leicester said yes, didn’t fancy Glasgow so ended up staying. Economics and Politics was my course, tried back in 2012
ihelpu
Rep:
?
(Original post by s.a.u)
I was trying to transfer from Essex to elsewhere. Applied to Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Manchester (this one was for a wildly different course). Leicester said yes, didn’t fancy Glasgow so ended up staying. Economics and Politics was my course, tried back in 2012
oh right, thanks a lot s.a.u for your help!
s.a.u
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh right, thanks a lot s.a.u for your help!
You’re welcome, good luck!
MohsinHassan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry to interrupt coz I've nothing to offer as in opinion to whats asked but i do have a question of related topic. I wanted to ask that do Unis show some leniency towards applicants during clearing period regarding minimum entry requirements?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nottingham doesnt allow transfers into second year on undergraduate courses.
ihelpu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Nottingham doesnt allow transfers into second year on undergraduate courses.
Oh really, even if I apply to the same course? I always assumed they wouldn't let students transfer if the students want to change courses as well as Universities or if the course syllabus is too dissimilar from the first year course syllabus at Nottingham.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh really, even if I apply to the same course? I always assumed they wouldn't let students transfer if the students want to change courses as well as Universities or if the course syllabus is too dissimilar from the first year course syllabus at Nottingham.
I would email student services and ask but i doubt it, we do a different modular structure then most unis...

6 modules a semester generally and 5 exams every semester! Thats not something you want to get used to in 2nd year, coming from a different university.
ihelpu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
I would email student services and ask but i doubt it, we do a different modular structure then most unis...

6 modules a semester generally and 5 exams every semester! Thats not something you want to get used to in 2nd year, coming from a different university.

That is true, I will definitely email student services, thanks for the tip Realitysreflexx!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (178)
24.02%
Pop (181)
24.43%
Jazz (30)
4.05%
Classical (42)
5.67%
Hip-Hop (138)
18.62%