why does this guy like me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
this guy has been texting me almost everyday for about a month, he usually initiates all the texts. He does ask me some sexual questions sometimes as in how far I've gone with a guy, but 95% of the time it's non-sexual and mature. He haven't even met yet but have seen photos etc, he just texts me back and forth on instagram on snapchat. He lives about 4 hours away from me but comes to my hometown every few months to see family.

He asks what I like in a guy etc as though he wants some relationship. He's saying he'll even send me a ticket just to go see him? I don't see what the point is? He's cool and everything but we're quite far. I told him I don't do hooking up or anything outside of relationships anyway, yet he still pursues me. Who'd go to that much effort just to hook up with a girl, there are loads of other girls where he lives surely. I'm suspicious about his intentions? I've been messed around before
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
ignore him. he'll get the message eventually.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
ignore him. he'll get the message eventually.
no I think he's actually a sweet guy and I'd date him if we lived a bit closer. But I just don't know why he's bothering to go to the effort to meet me, fly me out and all that when he could just go get a girl nearby to him. The first time he assumed I was down to hook up by agreeing to 'meet' and I set him straight that first time
DimmedDarkness
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have you asked him?

As a guy, occasionally, direct is the way to go. Reading the air is hard with texts & just with some people in general.
Luke5125
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
this guy has been texting me almost everyday for about a month, he usually initiates all the texts. He does ask me some sexual questions sometimes as in how far I've gone with a guy, but 95% of the time it's non-sexual and mature. He haven't even met yet but have seen photos etc, he just texts me back and forth on instagram on snapchat. He lives about 4 hours away from me but comes to my hometown every few months to see family.

He asks what I like in a guy etc as though he wants some relationship. He's saying he'll even send me a ticket just to go see him? I don't see what the point is? He's cool and everything but we're quite far. I told him I don't do hooking up or anything outside of relationships anyway, yet he still pursues me. Who'd go to that much effort just to hook up with a girl, there are loads of other girls where he lives surely. I'm suspicious about his intentions? I've been messed around before
Maybe he just wants to know you better
FlyingFoxes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"He haven't even met yet"
"why he's bothering to go to the effort to meet me, fly me out and all that"
Personally i'm wondering the opposite, why isnt he meeting you every few months when he goes to see his family who are in the same hometown as you?

If he wants to meet you, then have him do so when you are in an area you know in your hometown when he is visiting family - ideally when you have some friends with you. Take your time and get to know them in person. The idea of flying out to see him could be extremely dangerous.
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you think he is a nice guy and you'd be interested in meeting him then you should meet up with him. I would, however, suggest you meet for the first time in a public place in your hometown the next time he is in visiting relatives. You shouldn't go by yourself to some place you are unfamiliar with. If he treats you with respect and wants to legitimately get to know you better and if you'd like to get to know him in person then I would just do it! Meet him! Yes, he's far away but chemistry is chemistry. There may be girls closer in proximity to him but he's not feeling a connection to them..... he's feeling a connection to you. I don't think it would be a waste of time but if you do then you should let him know sooner or later that meeting with him and getting to know him better just isn't going to happen you'd really like to date someone who lives nearby. That way he knows you're not going to be available to him for anything. Also, if he's wanting to actually get to know you and not just hook up then he'll be happy to meet you in your town and don't invite him back to yours he'll be understanding. Hopefully he take you for dinner or something at that point to spend time with you that does not involve sex. If he starts pressuring you to go back or to come to his town and stay with him then you know he's only looking for a hook-up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%
No, but I want to start (272)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (173)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (204)
28.02%