MohsinHassan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Need to know about Hertfordshire. Going to join uni there soon. How good ot that place for an international student(Muslim too). Part-time Jobs, transportation,is accommodation cheap comparatively.
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MohsinHassan)
Need to know about Hertfordshire. Going to join uni there soon. How good ot that place for an international student(Muslim too). Part-time Jobs, transportation,is accommodation cheap comparatively.

Hi @MohsinHassan,

Congratulations on your offer and for deciding to study at the University of Hertfordshire.

The University is based in Hatfield which has lots of green spaces, much like the rest of Hertfordshire, but is also only about 30 minutes from London by train. In Hatfield there are shops, a cinema, restaurants etc. On campus we have accommodation, a bank, a pharmacy, shops, cafes, restaurants, libraries.. You can find out more about our accommodation here and the different options available: https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation

There's plenty of opportunities for part-time work including in local shops, the Students' Union and becoming a student ambassador. Similarly, St Albans is a short bus ride away with lots of job opportunities in shops and restaurants.

We have a strong international community at the University, and lots of societies to choose from so you can meet people.

I've tagged Michelle Bieger who can let you know more about things to do in Hertfordshire as a student.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
Emily
HertsExRep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MohsinHassan)
Heya! Like Emily said, I'm a student at UH and would love to answer any questions you have about living here. I'm also an international student so happy to answer any specific questions about that!

Part time jobs are, in my opinion, quite easily obtained because there are so many retail and hospitality places around--the Galleria is a massive retail hub, and with St. Albans and Welwyn around the corner you've got plenty of opportunity there as well!

There's also lots of options for accommodation--there's on campus, which has a variety of price points, but also students houses through private estate agents that also provide a variety of price points.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please feel free to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads