Heterosexual men 18 and over needed please!

Watch
Amanda_Rusk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently doing a study on the thoughts of men regarding sex for my MSc. I still need over 100 participants. If you are a heterosexual male over 18, please take my survey. I'll be more then happy to do yours in exchange. If you are anyone else please get a friend who meets this criteria to do this survey. I will do yours and if they have a survey theirs in exchange.

https://goldpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/j...xiZhs9TrstidyR
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amanda_Rusk)
I am currently doing a study on the thoughts of men regarding sex for my MSc. I still need over 100 participants. If you are a heterosexual male over 18, please take my survey. I'll be more then happy to do yours in exchange. If you are anyone else please get a friend who meets this criteria to do this survey. I will do yours and if they have a survey theirs in exchange.

https://goldpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/j...xiZhs9TrstidyR
What is this? I've done it, and for a Masters questionnaire having only:
  • Are you male?
  • Are you over 18?
  • Are you straight?

is not the best set of questions. You sound like you're just trying to prove that adult men are straight - especially when, with those three questions, you're specifically asking for people who would answer "yes" to all those questions - ie you're consciously skewing/biasing your study??
Getpumped
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Done. Took a bit of time. But smashed it out
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Getpumped)
Done. Took a bit of time. But smashed it out
Thank you so much!
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tootles)
What the hell is this? I've done it, and for a Masters questionnaire having only:
  • Are you male?
  • Are you over 18?
  • Are you straight?

is a pretty crap set of questions. You sound like you're just trying to prove that adult men are straight - especially when, with those three questions, you're specifically asking for people who would answer "yes" to all those questions - ie you're consciously skewing/biasing your study. How the **** did you get on a Masters programme?
Those are inclusionary criterion questions. If do not meet the criterion then you are taken to the end as you do not meet what is needed to complete the study. If you meet the criteria you are taken to the rest of the study.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It said "Are you over 18?"

I just said No to see what happens and take the p*ss a bit and BOOM!

Surveys over

Well that was quick
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by as125)
It said "Are you over 18?"

I just said No to see what happens and take the p*ss a bit and BOOM!

Surveys over

Well that was quick
Lol glad to know the survey is working like it should!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Done, but your spelling is bloody awful.

And the way those questions are worded seems (see, I can get that word right first time) very leading.
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Done, but your spelling is bloody awful.
Thanks!
spidle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
What the hell is this? I've done it, and for a Masters questionnaire having only:
  • Are you male?
  • Are you over 18?
  • Are you straight?

is a pretty crap set of questions. You sound like you're just trying to prove that adult men are straight - especially when, with those three questions, you're specifically asking for people who would answer "yes" to all those questions - ie you're consciously skewing/biasing your study. How the **** did you get on a Masters programme?
shhhhhh stop overreacting
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So your survey is to prove that every guy is a potentially violent incel?

Given the reputation Goldsmiths has, that's about right.
Haviland-Tuf
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is a sexist and homophobic questionnaire. I am outraged and offended.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dunnit. A few pointers as far as spelling and grammar: you used ’’seam’’ a couple of times when you meant ’’seem’’ - a seam is a join between pieces of fabric. ’’Woman’’ is the singular form of ’’women’’ - one woman, several women. A person employed by another is called their employee - you missed the ee on the end. The construction is analogous to people who are trained or detained - trainees and detainees respectively. Hope this is helpful!
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Dunnit. A few pointers as far as spelling and grammar: you used ’’seam’’ a couple of times when you meant ’’seem’’ - a seam is a join between pieces of fabric. ’’Woman’’ is the singular form of ’’women’’ - one woman, several women. A person employed by another is called their employee - you missed the ee on the end. The construction is analogous to people who are trained or detained - trainees and detainees respectively. Hope this is helpful!
Thanks, very constructive.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
So your survey is to prove that every guy is a potentially violent incel?

Given the reputation Goldsmiths has, that's about right.
(Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
This is a sexist and homophobic questionnaire. I am outraged and offended.
I have no idea how you guys have reached these conclusions. So far as I can tell the survey is trying to measure the prevalence of abusive mindsets and outlooks but since not every guy is a potentially violent incel, the results will probably reflect that. Also, if the OP was trying to show that every guy was involuntarily celibate, what was the point of asking a bunch of questions about their sex lives? Surely only one question would suffice!

Haviland, it isn't sexist or homophobic to only ask questions of a specific very large group of people if you're specifically, openly trying to learn more about the attitudes of that group. The attitudes towards dating and having sex with women that are held by straight women and gay men are not going to make for interesting data.
codecommand
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What gender do you identify as?

You mean born as?
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I have no idea how you guys have reached these conclusions. So far as I can tell the survey is trying to measure the prevalence of abusive mindsets and outlooks but since not every guy is a potentially violent incel, the results will probably reflect that. Also, if the OP was trying to show that every guy was involuntarily celibate, what was the point of asking a bunch of questions about their sex lives? Surely only one question would suffice!

Haviland, it isn't sexist or homophobic to only ask questions of a specific very large group of people if you're specifically, openly trying to learn more about the attitudes of that group. The attitudes towards dating and having sex with women that are held by straight women and gay men are not going to make for interesting data.
Thank you I am blind so use text to speech software so am having a hard time reply to all the comments.

The survey scales I have used are specifically designed for heterosexual males. Additionally, the scenarios I am suing are specifically asking about men and women. Therefore, it would not be logical for me to include other groups in this specific study.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How old are some of the questions?
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A lot of these questions are quite polarizing but maybe that's just me. Done!

What course/project is this for out of interest?
Amanda_Rusk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
A lot of these questions are quite polarizing but maybe that's just me. Done!

What course/project is this for out of interest?
Forensic Psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads