Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I’m 18, a girl and i’m bi but never told anyone . Does anyone have any advice on coming out, talking to girls or just want to chat in general?
My family would be totally accepting but I just can’t bring myself to tell them. Also I don’t have any lgbt friends which sucks too.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I know nothing about all this LGBT stuff but my friend is bi. She hasn’t told her parents but it’s not like a big thing like I feel like she’d wait until she was older and had a girlfriend and they probably wouldn’t care. Your friends will be a lot easier but just be honest, they’re is lots of good advice on YouTube so if you like search that they’re a few channels that will help you. Also, it’s a lot more acceptable now so maybe you don’t even have to come out and just simply imply you have a crush on a girl. But don’t pretend to be straight, and the sooner you do it the better. Good luck.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just tell your parents preferably the one who will be more accepting first. Are you interested in girls or guy right now? perhaps wait to uni to start looking for relationships?
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The thing is, you don't actually have to "come out" if you don't want to / don't want to *yet* . Honestly, my favourite advice is just chat and spend time with people you like, and if a relationship forms, then great (regardless of gender).

You don't have to be worried about whether or not you've told people, especially if it's never come up as a relevant topic. The only time it'd be a concern is if someone you respect had asked you and you'd lied and said you weren't bi (but even then you might have your reasons!). If you feel like you actually want to talk about it, and you have someone accepting, then go for it, but just don't feel like it has to be a big announcement, especially if that's not what you want.

I never had any LGBT friends in school/sixth form (that I knew of!) and still never had any female LGBT friends...I got a bit down about that a while back but it doesn't really bother me now!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I knew I was bi early teens. Didn't feel the need to come out til I met a girl I wanted to date at 25. Parents were supportive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know nothing about all this LGBT stuff but my friend is bi. She hasn’t told her parents but it’s not like a big thing like I feel like she’d wait until she was older and had a girlfriend and they probably wouldn’t care. Your friends will be a lot easier but just be honest, they’re is lots of good advice on YouTube so if you like search that they’re a few channels that will help you. Also, it’s a lot more acceptable now so maybe you don’t even have to come out and just simply imply you have a crush on a girl. But don’t pretend to be straight, and the sooner you do it the better. Good luck.
Thanks! I’ll check it out, even though I haven’t told anyone it feels better just to type it 👍🏼
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ProRoadman)
Just tell your parents preferably the one who will be more accepting first. Are you interested in girls or guy right now? perhaps wait to uni to start looking for relationships?
Girls tbh.. but obvs still find guys attractive and would be in a relationship with. Also i’m taking a gap you and I can’t wait that long lool
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Magdatrix >_<)
The thing is, you don't actually have to "come out" if you don't want to / don't want to *yet* . Honestly, my favourite advice is just chat and spend time with people you like, and if a relationship forms, then great (regardless of gender).

You don't have to be worried about whether or not you've told people, especially if it's never come up as a relevant topic. The only time it'd be a concern is if someone you respect had asked you and you'd lied and said you weren't bi (but even then you might have your reasons!). If you feel like you actually want to talk about it, and you have someone accepting, then go for it, but just don't feel like it has to be a big announcement, especially if that's not what you want.

I never had any LGBT friends in school/sixth form (that I knew of!) and still never had any female LGBT friends...I got a bit down about that a while back but it doesn't really bother me now!
Thanks that really helpful. I definitely don’t want it to be a big thing but I don’t want it to feel like a secret either. Glad to know it doesn’t bother you anymore. 👍🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (610)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (757)
41.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed