The Student Room Group

3 years of A-Levels

So I’m doing 3 years of A-Levels because I realised that I don’t want to do any degrees/jobs that I could do with my A-Levels in my 1st year. I did Psychology, Sociology and Maths and when it came to choosing unis and courses at the end of year 12, I suddenly decided I wanted to do sciences. So, then I picked Biology and Chemistry and continued with Psychology (A2). Now I’m done with psychology and next year I’ll continue with Chemistry, Biology and also finish Sociology I did initially + EPQ. I was wondering if good unis would be okay with 3 years of A-Levels, not Oxbridge but Russell Group unis. My predicted grades, references etc are amazing, but the fact that it took me 3 years isn’t really. My first choice is University of York, other choices are Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham Trent and possibly Durham. Some unis state in their requirements that examinations have to be completed over the course of 2 years, but these ones don’t so I hope it’s okay. Does anyone know if it is really okay or should I go for other ‘lower rank’ unis?
Reply 1
Original post by atlantida
So I’m doing 3 years of A-Levels because I realised that I don’t want to do any degrees/jobs that I could do with my A-Levels in my 1st year. I did Psychology, Sociology and Maths and when it came to choosing unis and courses at the end of year 12, I suddenly decided I wanted to do sciences. So, then I picked Biology and Chemistry and continued with Psychology (A2). Now I’m done with psychology and next year I’ll continue with Chemistry, Biology and also finish Sociology I did initially + EPQ. I was wondering if good unis would be okay with 3 years of A-Levels, not Oxbridge but Russell Group unis. My predicted grades, references etc are amazing, but the fact that it took me 3 years isn’t really. My first choice is University of York, other choices are Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham Trent and possibly Durham. Some unis state in their requirements that examinations have to be completed over the course of 2 years, but these ones don’t so I hope it’s okay. Does anyone know if it is really okay or should I go for other ‘lower rank’ unis?

It's not a problem. Even those (very few) that prefer A-levels to be taken in 2 years will make exceptions if there are extenuating circumstances - e.g. if you changed your mind and decided to take different A-levels. Including Oxbridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending