priyam2018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a international student and I have offers from both Nottingham and Newcastle.
Course: Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship in Newcastle University and International Business in Nottingham University.
Fee in Newcastle :£13800
Fee in Nottingham :£19800
I wanted a course which will help me establish a business.
which one should I choose?
Too confused
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by priyam2018)
I'm a international student and I have offers from both Nottingham and Newcastle.
Course: Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship in Newcastle University and International Business in Nottingham University.
Too confused
Have you looked at the course specification and the modules studied? If these two unis dont cover it exactly then look at other unis. Nottingham IMO is the slightly better uni but whether its worth 50% increased fees is a different matter.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by priyam2018)
Too confused

Hi priyam2018,

Firstly, just to clarify, our ICE course is £16,800 for International students (you can find details here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/c.../#fees&funding)

And I sent your query to our Business School for you, here’s what they have advised:

‘The ‘Business Enterprise for Postgraduate Students’ module on the ICE programme runs across two semesters and enables students to participate in the setting up and running of a real business.

Alongside this, we have a great START UP team at Newcastle University which advises our students on to set up their own business. You don’t even have to have an idea to get started. START UP can help you uncover your passions, generate options and explore possibilities – and supports you for up to three years after you graduate. Whether you are at the early stages of developing your idea or want to explore how to take your business further, START UP gives you the opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced coaches and advisers who will help you explore your ideas and achieve your aspirations. Confidential coaching sessions are initially delivered one-to-one by our enterprise advisers and are tailored around the specific needs of you and your business. www.ncl.ac.uk/careers/startup.’

Hope this helps

Susie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (126)
43%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.36%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (117)
39.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.71%

Watched Threads